[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Happened so many times: I'm about to stop and suddenly the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: obraz (80).gif (999KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
obraz (80).gif
999KB, 320x240px
Happened so many times: I'm about to stop and suddenly the car in front of me moves. I'm too fast for 1st gear and too slow for 2nd gear. What should I do? I always shift into second and torture my car with awful footwork as I have completely no idea of what should I do in order to accelerate smoothly in such situation.
>>
get a car with more torque and go into third
>>
>>16904873
This

I drive a MazdaSpeed3, and currently in the process of flipping a Fiat 500 Abarth. Going from a 2.3l to a 1.4l is nuts. Stuff I could do in the mazda are impossible in the fiat.

Torque is really helpful in so many situations. I won't even waste my time telling you about how useless a Honda Insight with a 1.0l 3 cylinder in almost any situation other than cruising at 65mph (and that's not including the problems it has with hills)
>>
>>16904873
>>16904894
get real. I'm a poor ass student. There's got to be a technique for this.
>>
>>16904894
Also drive a speed3 and agree, I had a 944 a few years ago and it would struggle on hills and force me to downshift. The speed3 doesn't give a damn and just goes up shit at whatever gear, whatever rpm.
>>
>>16904920
Rev match dumbass
>>
>>16904941
This
>>
>>16904941
>>16904964
rev matching at like 10-15 km/h? blipping the throttle at this speed and revs will result in more or less burning the clutch, won't it?
>>
>>16904968
It's a wear item

Alternatively atop following so close
>>
>>16904839
Rev match.
>>
>>16904839
Pop into second, give it a bunch of gas and slip the clutch until you're going fast enough.
>>
>>16904839
either accelarate with low rpm's or fucking git gud and learn to anticipate what traffic is going to do.

Then again traffic is batshit fucking crazy, but during its non crazy time it is really predictable.
>>
>>16904982
>>16905012
>>16905027
thanks
>>
>>16904968
a good rev match should cause no clutch wear as the engine and transmission would be travelling at the same speed
>>
>>16904994
this
>>
>>16904839
either rev match into first or just shift into second and slowly accelerate.

Also what POS are you driving? My first car was a shit box with 75HP and a five speed. 1st was only used to get moving, second was good enough if I was moving.
>>
>>16904839
You mentioned your awful footwork. Just practice rev matching. I figured out how to rev match in my first two weeks of driving a stick.
>>
>>16904839
double clutch rev match into 1st
>>
>>16905287
90HP Mitsubishi Colt, five speed.

>>16905925
my footwork is quite good. It's awful in this particular situation, cuz I simply don't know what to do :)
>>
>>16904920
second or third never go to first unless your under 20mph
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.