[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going on a roadtrip to US on june 1-17, tickets already booked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Road Trip.jpg (27KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Road Trip.jpg
27KB, 640x480px
Going on a roadtrip to US on june 1-17, tickets already booked and i've come here to ask for serious protips. 2 Finnish guys in mid 20s.

Landing in LAx and picking up an rental muscle, probably mustang or camaro convertible. Also planning on picking up an corvette for last 2-4 days.
As of yet we have none concrete plans, most probably wont be driving all the way across US, perhaps an round trip to Texas from the south and back to LA from the north

Suggestions regarding the route and interesting places to visit along the way are welcome

ps. we do have 2 agendas, but really depends on the timing if we managed to squeeze them in the schedule.
1. Checking out an Nasa / SpaceX launch, for that we will fly to Florida and back.
2. Going to an Trump event, if he happens to have one in June.
>>
Bring lube
>>
>>16898700
Taking the Pacific Coast highway from LA to S.F. would be fun, I'm not sure what to tell you if you're heading east from LA.

America is fucking huge so prepare for driving quickly in a straight line for hours.
>>
>>16898898
Will do the Coast Highway in corvette, and other great driving roads around California

I'm prepared for the boring driving, i've done ~2k km tround trips in Finland, Germany and Great-Britain last year in 4-5 days, 16 days for ~4k km should be okay.
>>
>>16898951
Yep, I think there's some decent canyon roads north of LA, and some around Colorado and New Mexico as well, but I don't know them specifically.

Fatt Marah drives some nifty looking roads somewhere around L.A.
>>
>>16898700
>perhaps an round trip to Texas from the south and back to LA from the north
>june 1-17

Waaay too aggressive a schedule imo. I don't know what your goals are but I'd probably draw the line at Phoenix for going East and then run up towards Vegas and Reno before looping back South towards LA.
>>
>>16898951
>4k km
Just so you know 4k kms won't even get you from LA to Austin and back in a perfectly straight line, you should probably prepare for more miles or draw the line at the Rockies.
>>
>>16899000
>Angeles Crest
>Glendora Mountain Road
>Azusa Canyon

Check those out if you want some mountain roads around the LA area. The GMR is my favorite.
>>
Are you driving across the us or just Cali?

PCH is a really fun ride. If you drive across the US just take the 10. Goes through a lot of major southern cities and goes all the way into Fort Lauderdale I think. Can an anon correct me on this? Farthest I went on the 10 was into Texas
>>
>>16899403
Depends, if i have to fly out to Florida to watch an space mission launch then yes Texas would be too much. Otherwise it's doable imo, ~300km of driving a day.
But yes you are right, its' more like 5-6k km

>>16899793
thx will check out

>>16900012
Driving around west-mid US
>>
>>16900339
the 10 should take you practically everywhere
>>
>>16900339
If you're going near it make sure to see the grand canyon, it really is worth it.
>>
>>16899793
>>16900339
Why not join in on a s/o/cal meet? They seem to be doing some fun roads recently. I don't remember which road, but I think they did a run through the canyons north of LA pretty recently. I just remember the route they posted was crazy technical.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.