[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you even be a real /o/ enthusiast if your car has one of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

File: 517067035_252.jpg (96KB, 800x796px) Image search: [Google]
517067035_252.jpg
96KB, 800x796px
Can you even be a real /o/ enthusiast if your car has one of these?

how can you not enjoy that simple feeling of turning your key.

Oh and what the fuck was the point of those civics where you had to have the key in anyways before you pressed the button.
>>
/o/ purists are the cancer
>>
>>16898134
You are not an enthusiast if you have autotragic.

Push button starts are cool.
>>
>>16898134
Push starts used to be a luxury item, now they have trickled their way down to even the most basic cars. Some Chevy model as of late has a ghetto looking key delete for higher up trims while the base model still got a key. Yuck.

Personally, I don't like push starts. Sucks they are becoming more common.
>>
>>16898134
I can't tell if you're a boomer or millennial.

But your opinions are shit.
>>
>>16898134
bitch pls, how can you call yourself an enthusiast if you don't have to turn the battery disconnect first, flip switch for fuel pump nr1, fuel pump nr2, then instruments power, then switch ignition to 1 and only then use spring-loaded flipswitch to crank the starter motor. If it does not want to start, disable pump nr2, crank again. No fuckin keys at all. That is what it is to daily a rally school ex-demo car.
>>
>>16898193
Bread on hood
>>
>>16898193
Pics pls desu
>>
>>16898134
i like it. with the key proximity sensor, i do not even have to unlock the car
>>
>>16898984
>comfort access

mein neger
>>
>>16898134
My car doesn't.
I'm a real enthusiast.
>>
My tC has this

>walk up to car
>interior lights turn on for me before open door
>pull door handle, automatically unlocks
>put finger on door handle when leaving, locks
>reminds me if i locked my keys in my car
plebs out of the way
>>
I just hate the idea that I can't start the car if I run out of batteries or if the sensor is broken.
>>
>>16898134
>enjoy that simple feeling of turning your key.
this is just autistic

>hat the fuck was the point of those civics where you had to have the key in anyways before you pressed the button.
but i agree with you on this. it's an extra unnecessary step
>>
File: 1484610168932.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1484610168932.webm
3MB, 960x540px
I like how the Mercedes-Benz start button is actually just a plastic button that's put on top of the actual keyhole.

The last time I test drove a Mercedes-Benz at a dealer, they had put the push button into the glove box. No idea why. Did they think it was too difficult for customers to operate?
>>
>>16898134
keys are deprecated technology.

kill yourself.

>hurrr if you don't hand crank your own car you're not a real car enthusiast
>>
>>16900714
I took the battery out of my parents' fob and it still worked to start the car, I just had to hold it right up to the button.
>>
The whole key fob thing is pretty cool
Mine automatically adjusts the seats and mirrors depending on which fob is in the car
>>
>>16900944
>when youre such a grandpa you literally cant/wont learn to use a start button
>>
>>16898134
>tfw I DD a Volt

I don't even have an engine.
>>
>>16900714
>I hate something I don't actually have any fucking clue about

/o/ in a nutshell
>>
>true /o/ enthusiasist
>some sort of irrelevant trite
The only thing that should matter in being an enthusiast is enjoying driving.
>>
File: 1320641312368.jpg (3KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1320641312368.jpg
3KB, 126x126px
>>16898134
>not having RFID ignition

Stay pleb, poorfags
>>
>>16898134
>Gatekeeping
>>
>>16898134
Some push starts are cool, like my dads 61 healy.

>key in ignition
>switch on fuel pump
>hold starter motor button until it starts
>>
>>16900944
Probably nig nogs stealing them.
Some dealers hide shift knobs too
>>
>>16898134
It was cause dumb fucking whores learned to drive cars - they've made them into little play things and not actual automobiles. Absolutely awful.

Women will never, EVER understand the visceral feeling of driving a car. I've never had sex`
>>
>>16898134
>Can you even be a real /o/ enthusiast if your car has one of these?

Yes

>how can you not enjoy that simple feeling of turning your key.

Keys are obsolete and to remain secure they needed to have added electronic coded transponder chips before keyless entry systems were commonplace.
If the "key" already got the electronic parts inside, why not lose the obsolete biting metal and use a button in the car? Since the security aspect of the key was already replaced by electronics, the pointy part is totally obsolete.

Also, metallic keys and drums wear out.
>>
File: 3IFb8Rk[1].png (34KB, 295x248px) Image search: [Google]
3IFb8Rk[1].png
34KB, 295x248px
You're an enthusiast if you:
>know a reasonable amount of car history
>are able to name or point out a majority of car parts
>can wrench a vehicle at all

Any one of these three will make you an enthusiast so long as you enjoy it.

>tfw most of /o/ can't wrench a car
>>
File: IMG_0409.jpg (29KB, 422x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0409.jpg
29KB, 422x281px
>>16903543
>Keys are obsolete
>battery goes flat
>can't unlock car
>>
>>
>>16902317
>Probably nig nogs stealing them.
1) Not in my country.
2) Most people wouldn't think that you can just pull out the button
>>
>>16903543
I can use my key even when the battery of my car is removed/empty, so the seems to be no transponder system.
No, it is not a old car at all, it is from this decade.

Also keys don´t wear out at a significant speed as long as you keep the lock lubricated wit grease or oil.
>>
>>16903763
>winter
>door lock frozen
>can't unlock car
Which happens more often?
>>
>>16903543
>electronics is safer than mechanics
my favourite meme
>>
>>16905452
If your lock is lubricated properly it doesn´t happen.
>>
>>16905480
And if you replace the $0.50 battery in your FOB every 4 years, you'll never have a problem with keyless entry.
>>
>>16905494
What happens if your cars battery dies or the electronics of your transmitter gets wet?

Also mechanical locks are cheaper and all these little things add up and make even econoboxes fucking expensive.
>>
File: LubeLocksNotCocks.jpg (172KB, 1278x677px) Image search: [Google]
LubeLocksNotCocks.jpg
172KB, 1278x677px
>>16905452
>>16903543
>>
>>16905530
>using WD-40 as lubricant
KYS
That stuff evaporates, I suggest motor oil or grease.
>>
>>16905569
WD-40 does mostly evaporate and leaves little mineral oil behind so you have to do it now and again. On the plus side it displaces water very well.

multi purpose grease or a silicone lubricant (there is also a WD40 brand one)
>>
>>16905633
That is why I suggested some not evaporating lubricant, also anyeyone has motor oil and grease anyway.
>>
>>16898154
>Push button starts are cool.

Only if the button is on the floor.
>>
>>16905525
>What happens if your cars battery dies
Car batteries rarely drain 100% and if they do you have much bigger things to worry about then not getting into your vehicle.

>electronics of your transmitter gets wet?
I don't see how this could happen in a daily driver scenario.
>>
>>16898134
>being poor

>having to turn a key
>>
>>16905754

If your battery dies and you can´t get into your car, opening your hood might get pretty complicated.
>I don't see how this could happen in a daily driver scenario.
How about rain or spilling some water?
>>
>>16905776
>If your battery dies and you can´t get into your car, opening your hood might get pretty complicated.
Thankfully though, every keyless entry car has a backup key for this exact scenario.

>How about rain or spilling some water?
>rain drop hitting pocket is equal to being submerged.
This is a mental leap and a half.
>>
Nothing better than cranking over a big powerplant. If you have a faggot 4 cylinder, sure, keep your button.
>>
>>16898134
Yes you can. I put one in mine as an anti theft type of thing. Disabled the ignition in the tumbler and put the button in the blank on the dash where cruise would be if I had that. Dremeled it out and installed like that it looks factory. You have to put the key in the ignition and turn to power, clutch in, then button to crank it. This is going to take more time than a lot of thieves are going to want to spend to figure it out.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.