[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fags who are familiar with Electric cars or want to get informed,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: DC-Fast-Charging-Plugs.jpg (60KB, 660x331px) Image search: [Google]
DC-Fast-Charging-Plugs.jpg
60KB, 660x331px
Fags who are familiar with Electric cars or want to get informed, get in here.

So of course, everyone has a hardon for the Tesla Supercharger cable.

I'm looking into buying an electric car and want to outfit my garage with something that puts out the most amps and is also future proof.
>inb4 you can get an adapter.

1. Which charger do you personally like the most.
>Me, I like the Tesla Supercharger cable seen at the bottom, since it's the most sleek and takes up the least space.

2. Which do you think will withstand the test of time and is future proof? Also, which do you think can carry the most amount of current if it were to be put to a stress test (even though we know the Supercharger carries the most amps currently)?
>I think ChadeMo is the most likely to be able to carry the most amount of current, just look how fat the connector is and the cable itself. I think eventually ChadeMo will outperform Supercharger.

3. Why didn't they put the ChadeMo connector on the Prius Prime? They left the fucking port next to it empty and made the charging door twice as wide just to remind us that the Japanese have ChadeMo. What a fucking waste. And we even h ave ChadeMo here in the US that comes with all Nissan LEAFs, so why the fuck did Toyota leave it out?

4. What 240v charger would you install in your garage? Supercharger or SAE?
>>
File: EV11.jpg (61KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
EV11.jpg
61KB, 576x432px
Tesla is taking over.

It will be a mix of all 3 plug types. All 3 you see in your pic.

If you were to ask me which one will take over all 3 to become a universal one, it would have to be the one that's the most durable and easiest and cheapest to manufacture.

Imagine 1 million people all wanting to charge their cars. Which one would you go with?
>>
>>16897406
>get informed
>supercharger
>future proof
dems some buzzwords if I ever seen em
>>
>>16897406
>I'm looking into buying an electric car and want to outfit my garage with something that puts out the most amps and is also future proof.

It's just a fucking plug, if you ever want to change the plug just cut off the end, splice and solder the new one on, and heatshrink it.

Want more amperage? Larger gauge wire, and probably some replacement to the internals of the charger itself. That and the fact that the battery will probably explode at worst or no longer hold a charge at best.

As long as you keep the voltage the same it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>16897406
>So of course, everyone has a hardon for the Tesla Supercharger cable.
they should sell marketing books instead of inferior technology
>>
>>16897957
They all have secondary signalling circuits
>>
>>16897406
Wireless induction is the way to go. Just sink some coils under your driveway and win. No risk of electrocution in the wet.
>>
Fucking gay
>>
>>16897990
unless you put them on a lift to get them right under your car you'll have horrible efficiency. also enjoy driving around even more useless weight.
>>
File: tesla garage charger.jpg (297KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
tesla garage charger.jpg
297KB, 1024x768px
i suspect tesla will end up like apple, doing their own thing that's sort of better but their insistence on avoiding standardization will be annoying, adapters are fine though

i'll be honest though the tesla wall charger looks fucking sexy af. i'd get a tesla charger then adapters for whatever i end up driving
>>
>>16897406
SAE is no brainier

It is already agreed standard that is compatible with all good electric cars coming out. Tesla has an adapter too, so you can use dongles instead needing another installation.
>>
>>16898712
Except they've made all their patents public and free to use...
>>
>>16899357
That's literally just marketing wank, it affects absolutely nothing.

By the time you've manufactured a working "copy" of a product, it's already differed enough to not violate patent law 99% of the time.
>>
>>16898712
>i suspect tesla will end up like apple
there's the general /o/ stupidity and then there is this retard
>>
>>16899357
no, they just said they won't patent troll
directly copy their stuff and they might go after you though
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.