[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Budget of 5000$, first car >Either Miata or TT Now Id

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: auditt.jpg (55KB, 640x423px) Image search: [Google]
auditt.jpg
55KB, 640x423px
>Budget of 5000$, first car
>Either Miata or TT
Now Id like to have a discussion. Miata's will catch corrosion like anon STD after one night stand, but i heard it handles like a dream. TT however have 4x4 quattro on sweet v6 and potentially 4 seats (its a lie as we all know though) but had some problems with engine. So which one? Ill probably get into tuning sooner or later so thats also a consideration. Im from Europe and BMW is not even a case.
>>
Seems like you already sold yourself a shitty TT with a sludged engine.
>>
>>16895583
Im really after Miata but i heard so many good opinions about TT its not even funny anymore, thats why i made this thread, im really confused
>>
>>16895578
Just get a civic for 3k.
>>
>>16895642
/thread
>>
>>16895642
>>16895667
its shit and have a reputation fitting it in my country
>>
Well I actually own a 2001 TT, no pictures unfortunately. About to crack 160k, and drives like its on rails.
Bought for 3800, had 18's, then went down to 17's, Goodyear eagles, great investment for a daily driver.
Got her to go 140 on the interstate on a slight downhill, freshly paved road.
I'm here for any question you have.
>>
>>16895695
Great to hear out from someone who drives it. Which engine? Long term, is it a cash pit? Quattro or FWD? Are back seats really that tight? Never saw them in action but heard a lot of shit about them
thanks in advance
>>
>>16895675
Reputation fitting it in my country? Wtf? Get a twingo then.
>>
>>16895752
no thank you i prefer to drive something i wont get laughed at. also my budget is 5000$, i could easily get few twingos with that budget

unless this is da ebin shitpost then well memd my friend
>>
>>16895762
Implying a tt is any better. Tts are vag pieces of shit. Implying you could afford insurance on anything other than a twingo.
>>
>>16895714
Mine is a Quattro inline 4.
I've owned it since July 2015, and it's been through 6 previous owners, and they all seem to have taken good care of it. I've spent some money in smaller maintenance (alternator, oils and filters) and some money on larger maintenance. Definitely keep track of what has been done and what hasn't, your regular tune up stuff like spark plugs and shocks and the sort.
She's super fun to drive in my opinion, pretty zippy when stock, the little turbo really kicks in at 75 MPH.
Consider looking at the one you have in mind, and do your research on it, carfax and all that.
Also the seats can carry 4 people, but not comfortably. I drove 3 friends (6+ ft) and myself (5'8) to a Walmart that was 10 miles away. Also when they fold down, you really have a lot of space to pack shit in if you don't already have a lot of stuff in your car.
>>
>>16895714
Also, I have a story for the whole cash pit thing.
>had a coolant leak
>didn't have time to fix it myself
>take it to shop, they say it's a water pump
>interference engine, have them do all the timing shenanigans, no biggie
>payed them my shekels, she drove okay, had a check engine light, checked it, it's a camshaft sensor
>have the same guys look at it, since it didn't have a CEL before I took it to them
>they say they can't get into the ECM, recommend taking it to a stealership
>take my chances and shrug it off, drive another 1,000 miles
Fast forward to a few days ago
>doing 85 on glorious Texas toll road
>lost throttle response like it ran out of fuel
>no biggie, had a friend bring me some fuel
>cranked and cranked, didn't turn over, fuark
>get it towed to another shop
>they say the timing belt jumped, and since it's interference the pistons and valves are boned
>they say it might've been a shoddy timing job
I'm pissed, man. Hopefully the dudes who I took it to give me a free engine installation.
>>
I've owned an NA miata for about 9 years. I learned manual back in 2004 in a TT Quattro, but it had the 1.8T with a K04 turbo (the "225-hp" trim).

It depends on what you want.

- If you want a solid, smooth ride with a nice exhaust burble and decent torque without having to rev the engine too high then get the TT VR6. Insurance and replacement parts are quite a bit more expensive with this option though.

- If your blood pressure rises every time you even glance at a tachometer... if you dream of doing smoky donuts bouncing off of the redline... if you don't care that you have to sound like a chainsaw every time you want to accelerate quickly, then get the miata.
>>
>>16895578
I have an '05 TT 180 FWD. 82K miles. I love it. I did have to put some money into it after first buying it (P/S pressure hose, Trans leak, couple other little things and I gave it a full 75K service since I wasn't sure if the previous owner had done it), but it's run like a tank ever since.

It's not the fastest thing in a straight line but if you toe into it at around 3000 RPM the turbo spools up and it takes off like a rocket. Clear freeway on ramps are a hoot. Even my non-Quattro is almost impossible to get loose around corners.

The design, over 20 years old, is still a classic and it still gets admiring looks all over the place. If you take the plunge I would recommend getting a later ('04/'05) model, they had worked out a lot of the early year kinks by then and they came with standard 17's.
>>
>>16896040
>>16896117
>>16896160
Thanks lads, really appreciate those opinions. I think ill go for V6 TT after all unless ill get Miata fever again.
>>
>>16895714
The back seats are a joke. They're really only there to reduce what would otherwise be a high insurance rate. They're better for storage or to fold them down, what the other guy said is true, with the rears folded down there's a ton of hatch space back there. My boss has a Q3 and my TT literally has more storage space than it does.

Think of it as more or less a two-seater and you won't be disappointed.
>>
>>16896173
That engine is shit too.
>>
>>16895821
>muh vag

holy fuck, will this meme ever fucking die?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.