[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With cash for clunker, lol, a lot american trade perfect 20m

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: KILLAPERFECTCORVETTEWITHSTUFF.jpg (422KB, 1200x874px) Image search: [Google]
KILLAPERFECTCORVETTEWITHSTUFF.jpg
422KB, 1200x874px
With cash for clunker, lol, a lot american trade perfect 20mpg truck for 21mpg truck losing 20kUSD in the process. Or destroying perfect c4 corvette with kerosene or something in the motor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTYL-h5_hb4
>>
>>16891159
The effects of cash for clunkers are not felt at all today.

The economy has had years to sort itself out in that regard.
>>
>>16891159
>destroying perfect c4

I thought Cash For Clunkers was supposed to be for shitty broken down old cars, not sports cars that aged well (in every sense).
>>
>>16891194
>shitty broken down old cars
Condition was not a criteria. Cash for clunkers destroyed the used car market. Excellent old and classic vehicles were traded for less than 4k equity on new shitboxes.
>>
>>16891228
>Cash for clunkers destroyed the used car market.
lol

it destroyed the $2000 shitbox market, the rest is fine
>>
>>16891240

thats the point, it didn't destroy that market, it bled up into the $4000 because it was MPG based.

its also why credit requirements for loans on cars went up within 18 months because people who were bad with money were getting govt money from the program as though they had saved up.

not only that, it put a gaping hole in aftermarket parts and services for all those destroyed vehicles.

it was a stupid piece of legislation. it used the excuse of the environment, and appealed to people's sense of selfishness in 'getting theirs...'
>>
>>16891240
Correct, what were 500 dollar run and drivers are never under a grand and 1500 shitboxes turned into 2500 shitboxes in a year.
>>
>>16891240
Hence why 3,000 is the new base point for a decent car.

It's fucked up now.
>>
>>16891410
Fucking this, I've been trying to help my girlfriend find her first car she's 21 but lived in the city up until meeting me and took bus and subway everywhere. When she was asking how much she'd have to spend I figured that the $1000 cavalier's that were fucking everywhere would still be around. NOPE, those shitty things are 2k plus now if you can even find one.
>>
>>16891185
>The effects of cash for clunkers are not felt at all today.

My car could have got clunked, and it is still good for something that gets average 23+mpg. State even gave me a letter to let them scrap it. A w126 Benz.
Now less people would probably have less classics or somehow kill the car culture with a huge generation gap of ownership in favor of leasing.
>>
>>16891228
The used car market doesn't stimulate the economy, nor would it help bail out the suffering Big 3.

It was more important to keep the manufacturers in Detroit selling cars and keeping jobs than shuffling shitboxes around used car lots.

I'm not discounting the fact that the manufacturers still gave out big bonuses to execs and such BS during the downturn.
>>
C4C was terrible but we are pretty much at a point where all these would have been cubed by now.
>>
>>16892989
>>16892045

you guys don't understand.

the poorest people were hurt the most by this. The program didn't give you enough money to go out and buy a new car for your old clunker, so poor people who already couldn't afford a care most likely didn't benefit from this program.

those poor people that did have good enough credit and did try to go into debt using their rebates were competing with a bunch of middle and upper middle class people who cashed in, so the cost of all new cars went up to absorb the rebate (which is what happens whenever there is a handout.)

so when the people who are stuck driving cheap shitboxes had a vehicle die on them, there was no inventory left in their price range in many cases to replace their vehicle.

>The used car market doesn't stimulate the economy, nor would it help bail out the suffering Big 3.
>It was more important to keep the manufacturers in Detroit selling cars and keeping jobs than shuffling shitboxes around used car lots.

and thats non-sense because more people bought foreign cars as their new car, and most cars junked were american made.
>>
>>16891228
Okay yeah but who the fuck in 2009 was thinking "Hey this C4 Corvette in good/great condition is totally worth $4k towards a new car". That's what I don't get. Maybe I'm triggered because I love C4s but who in their right mind is dumping theirs for $4k in credit towards a newer car? You can sell it outright and make 2-4 times that.
>>
>>16893099
I remember reading some horror stories about people's family taking in their project cars and trading it in for "something safer :)"
>>
File: c4c1.png (78KB, 640x547px) Image search: [Google]
c4c1.png
78KB, 640x547px
>>16893214
>>
File: c4c2.png (127KB, 1000x550px) Image search: [Google]
c4c2.png
127KB, 1000x550px
>>16893317
>>
>>16893097
I understand that. Does not remove the fact that almost all cars scrapped by C4C would still be scrapped today either way. The impact is over. 20 years old cars 9 years ago would not be on the road anymore.
>>
>>16893334
are you crazy? cars don't just break because they're old, nigger.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.