[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IS this Miata worth a look? 5.3L V8 making unknown power,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

IS this Miata worth a look? 5.3L V8 making unknown power, only $5900. Should I?
>>
Go just for lols, take pics and post them here please
>>
>>16886077
That thing is gonna fly
>>
>>16886077
>automatic

That's a one trick pony and probably is going to just be a giant pain in the ass including having major cooling and comfort issues.>>16886108
Do this^
>>
>>16886077
Depending on the craftsmanship of the work I'd say it may well be worth $6000 if that's the sort of thing you're looking for, but it's more than likely somebody else's headache that they're trying to get rid of. Rarely do engine and trans swaps seamlessly integrate with the car and more often than not you will end up with all sorts of little gremlins.

Hell I don't even like purchasing a vehicle that has had the engine/trans replaced with an oem model just because it's so common to see some rigged up shit.
>>
>>16886362
>but it's more than likely somebody else's headache that they're trying to get rid of.

Not always.
A lot of people have a project, literally spend years on it and when it's done... they fucking sell it for the fraction of the money they actually invested (the idiots among those flip their shit over the fact that they won't get the money back in, the pros know it before selling).

It CAN be that he wants to get rid of it because of annoyances but as I said, some just want to start something new.
>>
>V8 in a miats
Doesnt it fuck up the whole 50/50 weight distribution?
>>
Pics please sir, who knows you might like it
>>
>>16886390
i don't think weight distribution was the number 1 priority here
>>
>>16886334
if you swap an automatic transmission into another car
how does it know what steering angle not to shift at ?
>>
>>16886400
>wat

Have you ever seen an autotragic?
>>
>>16886390
First off, 50/50 isn't ideal.

Second, swapping a pushrod aluminium V8 where a DOHC iron block I4 used to be actually changes the wheel weight distribution by 1% or less. I know OP's abomination is probably an iron block LM, but if it was aluminium (L33), it'd probably change very little in terms of static weight distribution.
>>
>>16886418
this.
50 50 is good for grocery getter.
Any serious utilization rear bias is better.
>>
>>16886412
not in any detail
just thought it might be requisite to have it adjustable as to when not to shift
>>
>>16886369
That would explain all the engine swapped silvias i see in nc. Ones with no engine or a blown engine are 4.5k and some v8 and k swaped ones go for the same exact price. Only one i see online with stock engine is 7.5k and looks like shit. Fucking crx is cheaper than this with stock clean.
>>
>>16886077

OP here, the guy can't meet up until after 7:30, and I'm not going to look at some sketchy-ass Miata in the fucking dark.

I'll be out of town this weekend and all of next week, but I somehow doubt he'll have sold it by then.

I've been going over it in my head and asking a friend from FL who's helped swap a GTO engine into one of these and he's basically giving me this advice:

>5.3L a shit but still probably makes over 250HP to the wheels, should feel good if you've never been in a proper 5.7L LS swap
>4L60 a shit, you'll blow it up one day and wish you'd had a T56
>Documentation and pics. This thing isn't worth shit unless there's extensive documentation covering all the major alterations and fabrication required to make the whole thing work. If the guy has no paperwork and no pics, just walk away because he probably nigged it.
>Suspension and brakes. If they're stock, get ready to spend at least $2500 getting the rest of the car to work well with that power unless you never plan on using the engine. You don't understand what people mean when they talk about a suspension/brake system that can't handle the power until you actually drive a car with that exact problem.
>Chassis stiffening. The car lacks a roll bar which also means it probably doesn't have any chassis reinforcements underneath. Miatas don't like big power past 250ish because they are a floppy noodle chassis

I still wanna see it but everything seems stacked against this car. If I go, it's purely for the keks.
>>
>>16886077
5.3l vortec

why would you use such a crappy engine

it looks like a 30ft car
>>
>>16886077
That thing's been posted here a lot, he literally can't get rid of it. Don't buy someone else's molested project.
>>
>>16886418
>>16886429
wew lads
nothing short of 60/40 is fun to drive
have any of you fucks ever tried a 205 GTI?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.