[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do dealerships refuse to let you test drive a car without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1448481493900.jpg (27KB, 508x524px) Image search: [Google]
1448481493900.jpg
27KB, 508x524px
Why do dealerships refuse to let you test drive a car without collecting your information?

Went to 6 different dealerships this week and had to walk out as I refused to give them any of my info.
>>
so nogs like you don't steal them.
>>
File: 1487186495608.png (261KB, 1039x559px) Image search: [Google]
1487186495608.png
261KB, 1039x559px
>>16881696
hey op let me borrow your car no questions asked meet me at the 7-11 parking lot. leave the keys in the ignition. Be there by 3pm ill have the car back at 5pm. I promise ill return the car. see you soon bb
>>
How am I going to steal a car with the person sitting right next to me?
>>
>>16881696
Take a shower
>>
>>16881696
Why aren't you okay with giving info?
>>
>>16881722
>drive away
>make them leave by force/at gunpoint
>>
>>16881766
He's afraid they'll see he has a criminal record?

He's afraid they will know who he is if he gets into an accident during a test drive (he'll bail out and run away)?
>>
>>16881696
>Why do dealerships refuse to let you test drive a car without collecting your information?

The two usa states I have lived in require the dealer to verify you have a drivers license. So you are required by law to show your DL to them so that they can get the info (photocopy).

Another reason to get a name is to check if it is listed in a computer as a "JOY RIDER" who keeps test driving cars year after year without every buying one, then no wonder you refuse to show them your driver license.
>>
File: tinfoil-hat-guy.jpg (117KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
tinfoil-hat-guy.jpg
117KB, 800x450px
>>16881696
>Went to 6 different dealerships this week and had to walk out as I refused to give them any of my info.
>>
>>16881722
I hate test driving a car if they want to ride in it with me. mostly because im gonna thrash that motherfucker to make sure it wont break.

hell when i bought my sonic i drove it hard enough to cause the CEL to come on, at which point i got the car for even cheaper
>>
>>16881696
being this autistic
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.