[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cost to convert an aw11 to FR? I really want a cheap small nimple

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (41KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 512x288px
Cost to convert an aw11 to FR?

I really want a cheap small nimple fr 80's corolla but ae86s are just retarded corollas with bad engineering.

Fuck driving something similar to a corolla.
>>
>>16879664
You realise
By doing this
You will fuck up EVERYTHING
There are plenty of shitbox FRs for you to mess with but please dont destroy the AW11 desu
>>
>guys I want an FR Corolla but I don't want an FR Corolla
>>
>>16879664
>retarded engineering
What
>>
Just get a Celica
>>
>>16879678
The car was poorly designed from the factory, he won't be doing it any harm.
>>
>>16879664
do you even know what a corolla is ?
>>
File: corolla gts.jpg (119KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
corolla gts.jpg
119KB, 800x600px
>>16879664
just get corolla ae92 gts
>>
>>16879706
That's FF.
>>
Every underage thread on /o/.... I wanna swap/convert ridiculous thing into ridiculous thing. He can barely afford the car, he isn't swapping shit..Buy your shitbox and keep delivering newspapers...
>>
>>16879664
kek

you have 4 options here
a.) buy an frs
b.) buy an ae86
c.) buy an mr2 and just fucking leave it alone
d.) spend 20 times the value of the car basically rebuilding the entire chassis from the ground up to fit an engine in the front for some vague reason

take your pick
>>
>>16879709
implying OP knows difference ,
>>
File: the game (67).png (163KB, 804x804px) Image search: [Google]
the game (67).png
163KB, 804x804px
>>16879664
also
>convert aw11 to FR
>"cheap, small, nimble"

yes converting a MR car to FR will be cheap small AND nimble
>>
Get a Cappuccino.
>>
>>16879718
Op is the one who replied and the one you are currently talking to.
>>
>>16879721
I meant cheap as in something that wasn't originally a high end car.

An econobox.
>>
>>16879717
I don't want an ae86 or anything like an ae86 so I wan't to make an aw11 fr.
>>
previosly owned an aw11. Why go FR? did you watch to mutch initial D? look for an s12 200sx, or an early 80s celica gts hatch, both fr 4 cyl full independent suspension and light on their feet and not to sought after so can be found for fairly cheap. I actually just picked up an 89 supra n/a for cheap and They are a little heavier but still a blast to drive and put the back end out every once and a while
>>
>>16879729
Those cars are too big and too similar to the ae86.
>>
>>16879727
>>16879728
again, do you have $100,000 to invest in this project?

for fucks sake just buy a secondhand r35 and do a rwd conversion thatll be cheaper than this shit kek
>>
>>16879734
We should probably get a baseline of what you want from the car before asking, what do you want to do? Drag, drift, or fun weekend car? and why doesn't rr suit your needs?
>>
>>16879735
Yes.

My dad is a welder by trade.
>>
>>16879740
Fun, fr, mid 80's toyota with pop up headlights.
>>
>>16879748
so 85 celica gts coupe or 86 supra. 86s are out there i have had one. the fab work on the mr2 would not be worth it
>>
File: the game (232).png (17KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
the game (232).png
17KB, 500x500px
>>16879746
>my dad is a welder

alright at this point i have decided that this thread is bait, goodnight
>>
>>16879664
>Fuck driving something similar to a corolla.

>Wants an MR Corolla
>>
>>16879752
I hate ae86, and a celica is like a big 86.
>>
>>16879797
And MR2 is like an MR AE86. Your point?
>>
IF for some reason this isnt a really shitty bait, if you want some idea of how difficult it will be to do something like this then go look up project binky, its 2 guys converting a mini to 4wd. You will have to do AT LEAST that much work, if not more converting a MR2 to FR. Bear in mind that not only are these guys putting the engine in the same place as before, they are also mounting it the same direction as before, you will not only have to practically rebuilt the entire front end of the car, you will have to do a lot of work to where the engine once was. And dont look at the build and think that you willonly need to do parts of it, you will need to do LITERALLY EVERYTHING they have done. These guys are professional mechanics/fabricators, and do this shit for a living, have a huge fucking workshop full of every tool they could ever need, and it has taken them over 3 FUCKING YEARS and they are only up to the fucking brake and fuel lines. Even IF your dad can weld to something like the quality that those guys can, then you still only have him doing 90% of the fucking work. Then what do you end up with? A fucking AE86. Thats all a fucking MR2 is, a corolla with the engine in the middle. If you dont like the hatchback, then there are coupes out there, about the same money. If you want to do something unique with an MR2 that doesnt end up being what you were trying to avoid in the first place, get an SW20 and figure out something with the engine from a GT4 Celica, its the same thing so should fit without as much fabrication. Then you end up with a 4WD mid engined missile, which would be way more fun than a shitty AE86 clone, and also a fuckton easier to build since you wouldnt have to rebuild the entire fucking car to get to it.

But in the end, this is probably just another shitty bait thread.
>>
File: image.jpg (242KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
242KB, 1920x1080px
>>16879664
>>
>>16879848
There is no way it's that much work because the car already has a place for driveshafts in the back.
>>
File: pandamkIII.jpg (29KB, 500x231px) Image search: [Google]
pandamkIII.jpg
29KB, 500x231px
>>16879664
Don't be asinine op. Just get a mkIII Supra.
>>
>>16879876
and the mini had the space for the engine and gearbox at the front, and didnt need a transmission tunnel. Oh, and the MR2 will need strengthening in the middle to prevent it driving like shit. And good luck getting the engine to fit under that bonnet, you will have fuck all clearance in the best case scenario. oh, and forget about keeping most of the interior trim, the transmission tunnel you will have to cut will get in the way of most of the stuff in there. If you are trying to justify this just because the car has space for an axel in the back you really need to rethink what your priorities are, fitting the rear axle in a conversion like this is nothing compared to the rest of the fabrication that you will have to do, especially around the front end.
>>
>>16879998
It's a different this ng.
>>
>>16879998
I didn't say "space" I said the car has already had driveshafts there before.. The rear wheels already being drive wheels will make it easier..

It's making a diff fit that's hard.
>>
>>16879664
>I really want a cheap small nimple f
>take a cheap, small, nimble aw11
>turn it into expensive, small, unagile car
Do you even own a drivers liscence?
>>
>>16879664
its easier to build a de sol into mr.
Or a some random corolla into fr
You understand unless you use a tiny milkfloat electric engine, this car is going to look completely different or have no suspension in front?
>>
>>16879664
what the FUCK are you thinking
You want to take the best layout for handling and turn it into a good layout for handling for cheap by taking the cheapest MR sports car and turning it into FR?

Post your autism spectrum
>>
>>16879664
>Cost to convert an aw11 to FR?
Lots of expensive fabrication tools and sheet metal, years of your life, the car's balance, the car's interior, and all monetary value it might hold now or in the future.
>I really want a cheap small nimple fr 80's corolla but ae86s are just retarded corollas with bad engineering.
>implying an AW11 converted to FR in your garage will be cheap, nimble, or have "good engineering"
>Fuck driving something similar to a corolla.
You want an 80s Corolla, but don't want it to be similar to a Corolla?
If this isn't bait, just get a fucking Miata. It's cheap, small, nimble, light, well-balanced, and FR. The first generation is also an 80s design.
>>
>>16880110
>just get a fucking Miata
This should have been the first fucking reply.
>>
Miatas are gurls cars though.

You are better off with a fwd civic.

That's why I wang an mr2 that isn't poorly engineered.

Fixing toyotas mistakes in a way.
>>
>>16880295
This is fucking bait. Nobody is this retarded, nobody.
>>
>>16880094
(snap oversteer)
>>
Just put a miata rear subframe in the car, wont be that hard and you solve the snap oversteer
>>
>>16879706
>just get corolla ae92 gts and convert it to FAR
Still a less retarded proposition than ops
>>
>>16879664
>converting to an inferior drivetrain layout
>aw11 is partsbin corolla parts hardly any different than an ae86

kek
>>
>>16879664

Just shift to reverse gear et voila
>>
>>16879746
But a faggot in practice.
>>
I still have faith in humanity, so I dont think Op is serious about this. kek.
>>
>>16879723
That's MR isn't it?
>>
>>16879746
lmao "by trade" what does he trade? shit advice and overconfidence about cars?
>>
>>16880321
Ive driven an aw11 hard and with a little experience its not somthing hard to handle. Its not much worse than torque steering on somthing fwd with uneaven driveshafts
>>
>falling for copypasta
Newfags.
>>
>>16880502
No FMR.
>>
>>16880321
snap oversteer is the cars way of letting you know you are a massive retard and should not have a liscence.
How is that a bad thing?
The dangers of mr2 series is what makes it so fucking cool.
>>
>>16879876
mr2 is transverse mid engine
there is no driveshaft, just a engine connected to the transaxle, with two cv axles going to the wheels on each side

it's as close to you can get as a corolla with the drivetrain flipped around
>>
>>16879728

This has to be bait or extreme mental disability.

Either way, an AW11 is LITERALLY an MR AE86 Corolla. Using the powers of simple logic, you'll see that it also works backwards: an FR AW11 is EXACTLY an AE86 Corolla.
>>
>>16883654
Nah completley different.
>>
>>16883066
Yes but there is still a spot where the cv shafts attach to.

It's not like you are putting a diff where the has never been a gearbox or drive wheels before.
>>
I want to say this thread is god awful bait, but look at all these replies. He's literally replying with, "Nah, you're wrong" to every reason he's been given that his idea is retarded.

Op, I don't know why you think FR is superior to MR, but it is not. Buy a Miata, and don't ruin a perfectly good MR2.
>>
File: Equip-01-on-Toyota-AE86.jpg (312KB, 730x480px) Image search: [Google]
Equip-01-on-Toyota-AE86.jpg
312KB, 730x480px
Anyone have a screencap of that thread with a guy who was planning on making a 4WD MR2?
>>
You might as well buy a civic because making a civic fr is the same process as mr2 fr except you're not ruining a classic car with a civic
>>
File: IMG_00345.png (2MB, 1764x1252px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_00345.png
2MB, 1764x1252px
>>16879760
not bait, already have the project car.
>>
FR is inferior to FF and MR. I would like anon to go through with this just to laugh at him spending money and time to get inferior handling.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.