[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo bro's /fit/ and /tv/ poster here, not been to the board

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Yo bro's

/fit/ and /tv/ poster here, not been to the board before so no hate please, just looking for some advice.

I've got a shitty old renault clio 2003, its pretty much completely fucked at this point and looking for a RELIABLE new car, probably about the same size, something cheap that i can get on auto trader or where ever (i live in the uk)

whats the best car i can get for £2000 ?

i saw the sticky but it said it was for the US so...

cheers
>>
Twingo
>>
>>16874150
are renaults reliable in general ?

this clio's had issues pretty much constantly
>>
>>16874138

get yourself the newest ford fiesta/nissan micra you can find and just keep it serviced mate. they make great run arounds look for them with below 80k miles and full service history from a main dealer.
should be plenty of choice.
renaults are shite btw.
>>
>>16874183
sound, thanks for the advice mate.
>>
>>16874155
it's a meme answer.
if you're not interested in wrenching yourself and just want a running car, get a well maintained golf from some grandma.

compared to the golfs they get in burgerland, the european ones are good, cheap and repair is fuck cheap, too.

avoid the golf 3 and 5 though. 2 and 4 are perfectly fine if well maintained and absolutely in your budget.
at 2k and no knowledge of wrenching AND in the UK you don't have much of a choice.
>>
>>16874196
*if well maintained, they're bulletproof (also avoid automatic transmission)
>>
>>16874196
alright thanks, not up on my /o/ memes or cars in general so thanks for that.

i could spend more but it is literally just a run around, i live in edinburgh so my clio's only seen about 8,000 miles in 6 years
>>
>>16874212
sounds like really short distance commuting with that car over years.
no car really likes this kind of usage since it puts a lot of strain on all parts with all that stop and go, heating up and cooling down cycles.
so be aware that this usually means quite a lot of maintenance to keep it alive or like in your case, buying a different care after only a couple years.
it's also really important to change oil in recommended intervals, especially when the car gets nothing but city cycles thrown at it when moved only a couple times in a month.

doesn't mean a car does automatically kick the bucket when it has this kind of life but it is much more likely
>>
>>16874212
What the fuck do you need a car in Edinburgh for? It's the worst city in the world for driving thanks to all the buses and the trams.
>>
>>16874196
>avoid the golf 3 and 5 though
3s are fine, but most of them are beat to shit at this point.
>>
>>16874212
You know, for that kind of use just get a Corolla or a Civic. Avoid diesels. It'll be fine, and they are much more reliable than european counterparts.
If you have to go for EU made car, get Audi A3 1.6. Cheap, zippy, gets a decent auto if you don't like the stick, and has the best corrosion protection. Best soundsytem too.
Fiesta 1.4 is also decent choice.
>>
>>16874932
>Audi A3
Golf was already recommended.
>>
>>16874950
Yes, but golf is worse in the corrosion dept.
>>
>>16874196
>if you're not interested in wrenching yourself and just want a running car, get a well maintained golf from some grandma.
never trust old ladys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4HTLVpey9s
>>
File: 1486336398869.jpg (43KB, 575x431px) Image search: [Google]
1486336398869.jpg
43KB, 575x431px
>>16874138
first gen Toyota Yaris or a Toyota Corolla hatchback

avoid diesel engines like the plague in general.

There are cars on the sticky that have European equivalents you could get, like the Civic, Corollas, Focii, and Golfs. There's also the Toyota Starlet, which may as well be the European Toyota Tercel.
>>
>>16874932
>Avoid diesels

True in part.

If he is lucky and finds a sub 180k km 1.9TDI Golf4 IN GOOD CONDITION inside and outside, he'd be set for another 300k km with basic but regular maintenance.

But then again, as you said, he should avoid it if he is only using the car occasionally since those engines are incredibly durable but hate short distance whipping.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.