[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gonna buy an 06 Eclipse GT this weekend. It seems like the 3.8L

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: eclipse.png (1MB, 1492x610px) Image search: [Google]
eclipse.png
1MB, 1492x610px
Gonna buy an 06 Eclipse GT this weekend. It seems like the 3.8L V6 on this is about as good as I can get on my $6000 budget for a year-round car (I live in Wisconsin). Plus it'll be my first manual to learn. Any advice from /o/ on either the car or learning stick? I plan to spend many days stalling
>>
File: IMG_20160626_163207.jpg (2MB, 5248x2952px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160626_163207.jpg
2MB, 5248x2952px
>>16872602
Had an 03 with the 2.4l. The v6 makes 250hp I think so that's not no bad. Fun car, even in auto. Decently comfortable and the hatch was fun. Just make sure it hasn't been abused too much. Mine had a shit radiator and head gasket from the get go.
>>
>>16872602
Get a RSX type S, it is better in every way and costs just as much
>>
>>16872602
Prelude and RSX are better. MUCH better.
>>
>>16872636
>>16872633
It really seems like the eclipse outclasses the rsx. Granted I've never driven either, but the difference in specs is very significant.
>>
V6 Accord coupe is a similar class car that's better in every single way
>>
>>16872602
Don't be afraid to slip the clutch. When starting out I usually go to about 1500-2000 rpm, slowly slip the clutch to get it moving, trying to maintain RPM.
>>
>>16872670
Eclipse isn't comparable to an RSX because it's a much smaller car, the V6 eclipse weighs 700lbs more... It's a fucking boat.
>>
>>16872602
Eclipses havent been good since 1999.
>>
>>16872602
The Eclipse isn't actually all that good.
They've been plagued by reliability problems and the V6 models are a bitch to work on/expensive to have a mechanic repair.

To be, the problems with the Eclipse can be traced to the fact it was always based on the Galant available at the time of that Eclipse gen's release. So the Eclipse got fatter and heavier as the Galant got fatter and heavier.
It's literally the same thing, in effect, as the Toyota Camry Solara.

My advice is to find a different car to learn on.
>>
>>16872889
Yeah, good luck for $6k
>>
>>16872962
You can easily find 7th gen v6 accords for 6-7k or variants like the TL or TSX

You'll end up paying more getting the shitsubishi in the end
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.