[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got a choice to make /o/ I have a shitty 1997 318ti automatic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 20170305_120917.jpg (1MB, 2356x1325px) Image search: [Google]
20170305_120917.jpg
1MB, 2356x1325px
I got a choice to make /o/

I have a shitty 1997 318ti automatic with 220k miles on it. Leaks oil and the window regulators are shot. The drivers side door doesn't open from the outside either. Other than that it still runs and drives fine. Has a little rust over the rear wheel wells, pic related.

I got an offer to trade it for a 1992 mercedes 190e 2.6 with 170,000 miles. Apparently the only thing wrong with the benz is the drivers fender is a little fucked and it's missing the bezels and turn signal corner lenses around the headlight.

I'm wanting to build either car to be fast. If I kept my benz I wouldn't stick with the puny 1.9 liter in it, I'd swap in a s52 or LSx or something. There are kits for LSX into the e36 cars, but it would be pricey. I'd have to swap it to a t56 too and I really have a lazy left foot.

If I got the benz I would turbo it. I hear the m103 engine is great for boost and can handle 600 horsepower on the stock bottom end. One thing though is it has a shitty jket injection system so it would be like 3 grand just to switch all that shit over to efi with a standalone.

Which one would you chose? I haven't driven the benz yet.
>>
File: 4478.jpg (923KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
4478.jpg
923KB, 2560x1440px
Here is a pic of the benz.

>In b4 sell the bmw and get a 3k civic.
>>
>>16872176
You're obviously poor or you wouldn't start with such shit cars. Save your money for something good. The Benz has probably been crashed so it's worthless.
>>
>>16872176
You ever thought about saving all that money and instead buy a car that isn't older than you are?
>>
>>16872192
hurr durr old cars are bad
>>
>>16872189
Yup I'm poor. I'll check for frame damage.
>>16872192
I'd rather have an older car thats fast than a new shitbox with all the faggot gimmicks they have on them. Hell even my bmw is borderline to much bullshit and its a 20 year old bottom of the barrel entry level base model.

Truth be told I'd rather have an 2nd gen CRX. No electrical or power bullshit on them.
>>
>>16872204
Yes, let's see your stable of veritable classics...This will be good
>>
>>16872204
>Thinking his comment was about the cars
T-t-today junior!
>>
>>16872232
maximum butt hurt WEW

oldest car i own is a 1990. and its an f-250
newest is a 2013

fug da bolice etc
>>
File: 4563573456.jpg (23KB, 280x200px) Image search: [Google]
4563573456.jpg
23KB, 280x200px
AAAAAHAHAHH OH WOW.
>If I got the benz I would turbo it. I hear the m103 engine is great for boost and can handle 600 horsepower on the stock bottom end.

>is poverty tier poor
>wants to get a 190 with side damage that might easily be a bent frame underneath and obviously got a hit right on the right front wheel (more under carriage damage)
>expects a over two decade old 170k miles engine to crank out 600hp for pocket money

This must either be a half assed troll or a massively delusional OP
>>
>>16872301
I built a 650hp eagle talon for under 7 grand before. 3 grand of that was in the trans, and 1.5k was on a turbo.

I'm no stranger to building cars for cheap.
>>
>>16872252
>Being this trailer trash
>>
>>16872317
>I built a 650hp eagle talon for under 7 grand before
Evidence or forever live in the land of shitpost mania
>>
>>16872366
I dont have the car anymore, I traded it for a Porsche 944 turbo that was later sold because they're money pits.

Let me see if I still have receipts to upload. I doubt it though it was like 8 years ago.
>>
>>16872381
>and now I drive a 318ti looking to trade for a 190E
Forever live in the land of shitpost mania.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.