[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /o/ I've put off buying a car for the past 4 years now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2474.png (330KB, 638x526px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2474.png
330KB, 638x526px
Hi /o/ I've put off buying a car for the past 4 years now I'm 20 and I seriously need one. Would getting a Toyota MR2 be too much for an inexperienced driver? I live in a very dry place with little to no rain so I don't expect to be experiencing much snap oversteer as is warned.
>>
>>16871790
>MR2
Can you actually find a clean one?
>>
>>16871790
what is your experience with driving cars before? Terrible idea to be buying some 10 to 20 year old cars when you have no idea how to tell if stuff like the clutch or turbocharger is in good shape or not.

Just buy something like a mazda3 or civic with 50K miles or less for now (probably $5K in your area?) so there won't be any work or expenses you have to do right away beyond fluid changes and maybe brakes. Then buy something cooler afterwards when you're over 25 for that insurance cut-off.

If you knew more about cars already then go ahead, but you wouldn't be asking this question if you did.
>>
>>16871790
All depends on your budget OP

If it's like 3k, then get an early 2000's manual civic. They are fun to drive and stupidly reliable.

This is coming from someone who tried to buy a fun first car and wishes they got a civic
>>
>>16871790
>car

Just ride the bus like everyone else
>>
File: 20170225_190918.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170225_190918.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>16871790
no no no, you don't want to start on a car like an MR2. Especially if you mean an AW11 (which most /o/ browsers yearn for) for the following reasons:
1. Its a mid engine and if youve never worked on a car before it sucks not being able to see everything. Get something with an easy to access engine and components.
2. Rust, oh fuck rust. If a man says he has a rust free AW11 for you, he probably also has some magic beans for sale.
3. If you actually like the MR2, like dream about it, or any car for that matter, it's not a good idea to make that your first car. You want to get something youre okay with accidentally fucking up. You will most likely make mistakes.
4. If you don't have a roomy garage to wrench on a car or it never rains or your region, it's just not gonna work out very easily for you.

I have a 1972 datsun 240z and that thing keeps me up at night worrying about new possible rust spots. I had to get it dipped, POR 15 the engine bay and every problem area, and get the thing undercoated and I still worry. 70s to 80s jap cars just had zero rust protection.
>>
>>16871790
no
get a mr2 spyder if you don't want a project car though
>>
Mazda Miata
>>
>>16872589
>poor advice from a scumbag
Typical
>>
>>16871790
MR2 is how you an hero, especially an AW11 or SW20. The snap oversteer is a problem no matter the conditions of the road, because it has more to do with the physics of how the cars weight transfer is. If you want to get your toes wet in something fun to drive while not being overkill, go with a miata, supra, 944, ect. If you want something modern and have the money, get a BRZ or SN95 mustang.
>>
>>16872714
Sweet meme bro
Kys
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.