[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I negotiate with a car salesman to buy the car for a few

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

How do I negotiate with a car salesman to buy the car for a few thousand off the MSRP?

Is it easier to do on a high volume seller or low volume seller?
>>
>>16865085
>implying /o/ has ever bought a car from a salesman

Just get a 3k civic
>>
>>16865085
Go the last day of the month. This month also happens to be the last day of the physical year. Dealers always give the best prices at the end of the month because the may need to move the unit to get their volume # or they've already got the volume # & it's just gravy at this point. Also, be prepared to walk. If they REALLY need the sale they might have a crazy counter offer to make the sale.
>>
>>16865107
Why do retards like you always need to stoop to the level of the retarded poorfags you whine about
>>
The only reason they will sell it at more than 1k off MSRP is if they are trying to get rid of it. Do you really want to buy a car a dealership is trying to get rid of?
>>
If you buy a popular car just forget it. A cuck will pay full price sooner or later.

If you buy an undesirable car just walk away. They will call you back begging to take it.
>>
>>16865826
Depends what it is. If it's something expensive that people in the area can't afford, you're damn right they'll do anything to get rid of it for at least a few hundred profit still.
>>
>>16865826
>Do you really want to buy a car a dealership is trying to get rid of?
I bought my car from some no-name dealership. It had been sitting on their lot for 9 months - they couldn't get rid of the damned thing (because they were asked for $10k over Blue Book value for it).
I had it inspected by a licensed dealer and there was nothing wrong with it except the oil needed changing. I gave a number, they said no, so I got in my car and started to drive off.

The salesman literally jumped in front of my car as I was driving off, motioned to roll down my window, and they sold it to me below what I asked for - even below BB value.
>>
>>16865243
>Go the last day of the month. This month also happens to be the last day of the physical year. Dealers always give the best prices at the end of the month because the may need to move the unit to get their volume # or they've already got the volume # & it's just gravy at this point. Also, be prepared to walk. If they REALLY need the sale they might have a crazy counter offer to make the sale.
Good advice here. They have monthly targets to make.

Also when the 2018 models come out the 2017 models can be had for a lot less.
>>
>>16865844
>Depends what it is. If it's something expensive that people in the area can't afford, you're damn right they'll do anything to get rid of it for at least a few hundred profit still.
Yup, there is a 2016 GTR at the Nissan dealer here is town that's 11k off of MSRP.
>>
File: porsche-boxster-986-4.jpg (406KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
porsche-boxster-986-4.jpg
406KB, 1600x1200px
You have to put them on defense. These car salesmen are the dumb guys from high school. They dress nice and whatever but on the inside they know they are scum.

Know about the car you want and know enough to ask detailed questions and make sure you already know the answer so you can respond if they are making shit up.

For example:

The 986 here. The facelift was in 03. They added the glove box and the tiptronic transmition will allow you to downshift without moving the gear shifter into 'manual' mode. The brakes on the base come from audi but on the S version come from the 911. The IMS bearing should be replaced before you buy it or you should ask for money off. You can remove the CD changer and fit an auxiliary cable without replacing the stereo head unit. autotragic weighs 50 lbs and takes away 15 lbs of torque.

You ask them detailed questions about the car and if they answer wrong, you say something causal but slightly passive aggressive, like 'oh, I hadn't heard that' 'hmmm'.

Then once you make them uncomfortable you tell them you think this particular version of the car is worth wholesale plus 5%. Which is using their own 'secret lingo' which will also make them a little uncomfortable. Make sure you look up what a wholesale is supposed to be and maybe even fuck with them by saying wholesale is lower than it they say to make them show you what they paid.
>>
>>16865085
Drop sick memes

It's a secret car sales tradition that we drop the price 1K for every meme you can slip into casual conversation
>>
>>16866493
What you think happens
>yeah, since the IMS bearing hasn't been replaced I'm going to go ahead and pay just over wholesale
Wow, this guy is a car expert! We better give him a great deal!!!!

Meanwhile in real life
>ehhhrm, actuuaaally, the IMS bearing has seen some issues and since the S brake...
Let me stop you right there! Sounds like this deal just isn't going to happen, maybe you want to look at this Yaris?
(salesman thinks to himself - rofl this fucking retard who read an internet forum for 5 minutes thinks someone with a 500 credit rating won't pay full price at 17% interest for this piece of shit Boxster.)
>>
>>16866539

lel maybe but there are plenty of other places to get the car you want.

The car salesmen typically don't fuck with someone if they know what they are talking about and know what they want.

They also don't usually know much about the shit they sell.
>>
>>16866574
Car salesmen, especially used car salesmen, know that nobody with good financial sense and knowledge of cars would EVER go to a dealership to buy a used car. People that think they know what they are talking about yet still show up at a shitty used car dealership are the easiest people to completely fuck over, all a salesman has to do is acknowledge how smart and informed you think you are and you'll eat it right up and pay 2x the actual value of a car. If you actually knew anything you wouldn't be there in the first place
>oh wow, you know our lingo heh, you must have been in the business?
>well I'll tell you what, you're obviously a smart guy, I'm not going to waste time trying to jerk you around, I'll do $16k for this Boxster, you drive it away to day, we'll work out that interest bullshit later, I'll make sure to make it the absolute lowest we can with your credit rating
>>
File: 1467440134719.jpg (208KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1467440134719.jpg
208KB, 540x960px
>>16865107
Jesus Christ, seriously is /o/ really this poor?
>>
>>16866606
You can literally see what each car is worth and how much each one sold for in the area online in about 10 seconds. Some sites even tell you how long the car has been there.

This hypothetical is getting a little bit silly.
>>
>>16866606
>Car salesmen, especially used car salesmen, know that nobody with good financial sense and knowledge of cars would EVER go to a dealership to buy a used car

What's wrong with buying a certified used car at a legit manufacturer dealership?

I'm thinking of buying a 2014 Optima LX from a Kia dealer near me for $13,000.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.