[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/. I'm looking for a car in the 12k-15k range. This

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: camaross.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
camaross.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
Hey /o/.

I'm looking for a car in the 12k-15k range. This will be my daily driver, so reliability is very important. I plan on modifying this car, but nothing crazy at all, mostly suspension/brakes/wheels so I can have fun in the canyon roads near me. I have a big boy job, but I refuse to have a car payment every month.

>LS1 F-body
>07-09 Mustang GT
>C5 Corvette

I don't mind Japanese cars, but many of them have drift taxes and are beat up. Any other suggestions?
>>
>>16847676
None of those cars are good as daily drivers bro..
>>
>>16847676
>daily driver
>reliability important
>F-body
uh
>Mustang
anon
>Corvette
ughhhh

Well, at least F-body parts are cheap and easy to find when they break?
>>
>>16847676

What would make any of those cars less reliable than a shitty GM econobox?

My friend take his yaris to the shop more than my Audi.
>>
>>16847813
>My friend take his yaris to the shop more than my Audi.
Why would he be taking your car to the shop? Is he your slave or something?
>>
File: b3nbiw.jpg (424KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
b3nbiw.jpg
424KB, 1600x1067px
>>16847676
Here's what you want.
>>
>>16847866
>Aussie car from defunct brand
I don't know, but I feel that you may need parts. And some of those parts may be getting scarce real soon.
>>
>>16847676
i'll sell you my corvette c4 for 10k desu senpai
>>
File: photo-11-1024x765.jpg (212KB, 1024x765px) Image search: [Google]
photo-11-1024x765.jpg
212KB, 1024x765px
Out of all of those the c5 is the best dd.

>Best mpgs because skip shift and lightest
>Massive liftback storage area
>Better overall build quality and reliability over f-body
>>
>>16847676
c5 vette is good but don't buy the cheapest one you can find. make sure it's had a good owner.
>>
C5 is babied by old men and never winter driven, driven at snail pace for status reasons. Carbon fiber body panels cannot rust.

Mustang driven by douchebags and probably beat on.

F-body owned by trailer trash that also beat on them, and low quality era GM
>>
OP here,

Is it worth saving up a bit more and shelling out for a C5 Z06? It kind of feels like a waste to daily drive something like that, but then again, cars are meant to be driven.
>>
>>16848155
it will depreciate slower, that's for sure. but it depends on how fast you want the car and how fast you can save the extra 10k.
>>
>>16848155
Remember that as a "daily driver" you're going to be driving the car in traffic, on shit roads, and parking in public next to other cars.
>other traffic means you can't drive it the way it was built for
>deal with rocks being thrown up by other cars in front of you
>jealous fucks will key your shit just because it's a corvette
If you think you'll be cool with dealing with that then I guess you'd be okay
>>
>>16848155
Remember C5Z has harder suspension so the ride will be less comfy, also less sound deadening.

You should get a C5 with the magnetic suspension, that way you can turn the dial to regular for DD and sport for touge
>>
>>16848206
The magnetic suspension blows on the c5s, not like they are today. I had a fbo ls1 fbody. I had complete suspension too. My c5z rides a lot better. Yes you feel the road quite a bit but irs vs solid axle. Can answer any questions about either or those vehicles.
>>
>>16848068
>C5
>carbon fiber body panels
>>
File: IMG_20170119_164312~2.jpg (2MB, 3679x2357px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170119_164312~2.jpg
2MB, 3679x2357px
You can also look at the first gen CTS-V or 05-06 Pontiac GTO. Both are easily better than the Mustang and LS1 Camaro.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.