[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/ what is your go cheap four seater convertible. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 00Z0Z_7tRwx73i0Kp_1200x900.jpg (164KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
00Z0Z_7tRwx73i0Kp_1200x900.jpg
164KB, 1200x800px
Hey /o/ what is your go cheap four seater convertible. I'm doing my research but I have no idea what I am looking at or for when it comes to used convertibles at around the ~$3,000 mark.

I am basically using this as a summer "bring the bros and girls to the beach" sorta ride.
>>
3000 will open you to risks.

See if you can find an e36 in good condition with updated cooling system. Could also look at Saab 900s and 9-3s.

Mustang is also an option.
>>
>>16845251
what kind of risks are we talking about?

I don't want to spend too much in case I get bored or something
>>
File: IMG_0803.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0803.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>16845251
I can confirm with Mustang
I got this foxbody 1992 for $2950 with 81,000 miles on it
>>
These are kinda neat and usually very cheap. Godlike rustproofing and solid engine options, although electronics can glitch out and the handling isn't exactly inspiring (read: they're understeering pigs).
No Quattro versions either unless you cut and weld in a new floor pan along with an entire Quattro drivetrain yourself, but they're decently stylish comfy cruisers.
>>
>>16845281
Engine/trans crapping out half way to the beach.
>>
File: mustang back seats.jpg (124KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
mustang back seats.jpg
124KB, 1200x800px
>>16845294
>>16845298
Are there any cheap four seater convertibles where you can actually use 4 seats?
Otherwise what's the point?
>>
>>16845311
you just hang around with dwarfs
problem solved
>>
>>16845311
Not really unless you want to spend big bucks.
>>
>>16845315
whoever doesn't call shotgun first gets their legs sawn off
>>
>>16845311
With the top down the back seat is a horrible place to be. Anything over 40 or so and the wind buffeting becomes pretty horrible
>>
>>16845217
I generally avoid convertible because they're inherently less safe, nowhere near as stiff as the coupe counterparts, and slower than the coupe counterparts because they're heavier.

But if I were going for a 4 seat convertible, a 2004+ Saab 9-3 convertible would be my choice. And because it's a Saab, you can find them fucking dirt cheap now.
>>
>>16845340
One of the 2- 3 things I would buy for it would be that roll bar thing

The other two are a new stereo (if needed) got to get that aux jack and maybe a luggage rack
>>
>>16845366
04+ Saab 9-3 have roll over hoops that spring up when a flip is detected.
>>
>>16845390
Why was Saab so based?
>>
>>16845311
My friends are average sized, and they fit decently in my foxbody.
I'm a fat ass, and I can squeeze in with some effort.
Make sure your friends aren't huge.
>>
>>16845366
something to note about the Saab, if you get a manual, the key should not come out unless the gear lever is in Reverse. If it comes out in any other gear, you need to replace the ignition cylinder.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.