[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /o/ think of the future of automotive design? Minimalism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: minimalism.jpg (670KB, 2825x1762px) Image search: [Google]
minimalism.jpg
670KB, 2825x1762px
What does /o/ think of the future of automotive design? Minimalism and futurism are becoming standard, look at the new Toyotas or Hyundais

most of these will exist within 1-3 years
>>
>>16844811
Everything will be hybrid and have an overly aggressive "500 hp" face. Try-hards might dig it but I'm kinda worried. Too many manchildren doing car design now
>>
>>16844825
Agreed, but I'm thinking that this is the norm because no one wants to take risks and create the modern Pontiac Aztek. Expect this to continue until "startup" brands enter the scene.
>>
I like minimalism. My favorite designs are simple and geometric.

It's why I like the 2005-2009 Mustang so much. I do like the rear of the new Mustang, but the front still seems a little too busy, even on the restyling.
>>
>>16844890
>I do like the rear of the new Mustang, but the front still seems a little too busy, even on the restyling.
same
>>
>dude minimalism lmao
the 1920's called they want their ideology back
>>
I dont like how cars are getting bigger and bigger. What happened to lightweight, small and fun shitboxes? Every new car I drove felt the same in a dull, non-responsive way. Also this fad for crossovers and suvs.
>>
>>16844983
soccer mom/young professional money >>> enthusiast money

Porsche started making bank after they put out their two least authentic cars.
>>
>>16844957
>1920's
>minimalism

?
>>
>>16844983
Regulations
>>
>>16846069

Nah. Companies could make small cars meet government standards if they wanted to. The Smart Fortwo and Fiat 500 are examples. The main reason cars are growing and losing visibility is consumer demand. Most people want larger vehicles and edgy styling. Cars have looked alike every decade since they've existed, and surely regulations were much less strict back then than they are now.
>>
>>16844983
that's bullshit though. Subaru has light as rufk cars for what they are yet they get 5 star crash + ratings AND have the best greenhouse in the business. the newfag edgelord designs are just obese shit. if you avoid it like Subaru does you';; have great cars again.
>>
>>16846797
>main reason cars are growing and losing visibility is consumer demand

Yes I'm sure people love high beltlines
>>
I hate it
>>
>>16844811
eh. I think they're all boring. I hate how everything looks/has looked the same already, I wish automakers would go back to not just copy/pasting eachother.
>>
>>16845073
It was a movement in art and music in the 20s
>>
File: CamaroBlindspots.jpg (30KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
CamaroBlindspots.jpg
30KB, 640x426px
>>16847727
if i recall gm sent out a survey asking camaro owners if visibility was a problem

majority said no. they got even smaller.
>>
File: lexus2.jpg (84KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
lexus2.jpg
84KB, 750x422px
>>16844811
One of these threads?
>>
>>16844957
this
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.