[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I may be about to become a pizza delivery guy for dominoes. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (22KB, 464x317px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
22KB, 464x317px
I may be about to become a pizza delivery guy for dominoes.
What do I need to know?
>>
>>16842586
Have any of you guys been delivery boys before? I could really use some prior knowledge
>>
>>16842611
Why the fuck did I just reply to myself
>>
Have a good phone with a provider that has the best coverage in your area, so you can call people if needed and always have a signal. There are coverage maps online if you want the very best coverage

GPS is often useless out in the backroads, but it is helpful most of time. Using google maps streetview can be a good trick to find street numbers for houses before hand so you know where to go. I also use a gps app called "heremaps" because it overlays the actual house numbers on the map unlike google maps, which has saved me many, many times with unmarked houses.

Just maintain your vehicle well since you are going to be putting a lot of miles on it. Keep oil, coolant, jumper cables, spare tire, etc on hand.

Not super important, but it might be a good idea to keep track of your mileage and tips while on the job right off the bat. i think there are probably apps made to do this. It can just save you potential head ache for taxes and stuff

that's all i can think of right now
>>
If the order is say 47$ and they hanf u a 50
Always say, would u like ur change?

9/10 they say no
ez money
>>
>>16842646
Thanks anon this is super helpful
>>
>>16842646
Its likely that I wont be using my own car though (slow '80s 1.3L shitbox) so should I be mindful of tracking etc
>>
>>16842586
Sell weed on the side
>>
Been delivering for pizza hut for 3 years.

Highest paying job I've had, I do nothing with my life but each month i manage to have $1k of money for myself after all bills living for myself.

Biggest tip I have is not drive a german car and use synthetic oil for all the starts and stops.
>>
>>16842916
The dominoes in my town has two company delivery cars, a yaris/corolla and an aging mazda axela so I would either be using one of those or my 250 when I get it on the road. Do you know if they have tracking software in them?
>>
>>16842611
>>16842586
Running pizza in a bike is lame, get a prelude or something and rip it on the tou gay while blasting eurobeat, unleash your inner dagumi
>>
>>16842646
Could you give an example for one of said apps? My phone is android btw
>>
>>16842891
I already do lmao
>>
>>16842958
Anon is right, a little civic or prelude will be good for delivery (prelude is pigfat tho). Get a civ for $500-1000 if you can and use that.

You wont want to use your DD for pizza delivery. It doesnt seem like much but if you're starting your car 20+ times a night and driving harsh in town you'll probably start noticing problems appear in under 3 weeks. Shocks, starter motor, wheel bearings, brakes etc will start acting up.

Keep a spare wheel, tools etc in your car. If you can buy a car to deliver in with auto locks it'll be a plus. Dont leave your car running if you're not going straight to the front door of a house or it might disappear. The first 10 seconds you spend talking to the customer will greatly influence the tips you get so keep that in mind. Try not to look at tip amount on the receipt before walkin to your car, thank the customer and smile as you leave either way. If you smoke like I do, DO NOT smoke on the way to a delivery, only smoke on the way to the store with the windows open. Also if you have a poor attitude and hair that isnt neatly trimmed dont expect good tips. so many people i've worked with come in to work grouchy, unshaven and without taking a shower and wonder why theyre not getting decent tips. Dont speed 5-10 km/h over the limit, tickets aren't worth it, just make time by jogging to and from your car and having your debit machine ready before they get to the door. If you do get a car topper you might get away with doing 65kmh in a 50 zone, depending on your area, ask the guys who work there about it. If youre not getting paid hourly + tips dont bother, apply at a different store.

Depending on the system your dominos has you might want to keep a little notepad and write your tips after each delivery, some owners will try to jew you.

Good luck m8, ive been doing it for a while and average about a $5 tip per delivery + wage and mileage but it depends on the day and location.
>>
>>16842986
Thanks anon but theres a couple of things I perhaps should have mentioned. First of all I live in NZ so tips are few and far between, though thankfully wages are good ($15.25 before tax) and secondly I am just out of high school and I dont have the budget for a second car but that could be something I save for in the future.
>>
>>16842986
One more thing is there like a special system for remembering orders? And if there isnt would it be ok if I were to stick a post-it on everything?
>>
$15 an hour isnt bad at all, im getting $11 at my store and not long ago i was working at a dominos that didnt pay drivers any wage.
Im unsure what you mean about remembering orders. All the stores I've worked at have had a different system but they've been similar. Generally I'd be given a receipt with the address and $$ owed and drive to the customer. At one store I'd type in the amount the customer payed and at the end of the night it would be added up automatically. If you work at a store where your tips are added up manually at the end of the night you should probably write down the order number and tip amount after each delivery. "#41 - $4.20" or something.
>>
>>16843012
my local one just prints the address and a special note(like: gate is open, knock directly on door) on the sticker they put on the box
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.