[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>https://www.theguardian.com/us-new s/2017/mar/15/car-pol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: burnout1.jpg (158KB, 1200x797px) Image search: [Google]
burnout1.jpg
158KB, 1200x797px
>https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/15/car-pollution-carbon-emissions-obama-trump-epa
Ladies, gentleman, traps, trannies and other assorted Femboys, The God Emperor Trump is easing all the unnecessary regulations made over the past few years.
Why aren't we discussing this?
>>
That's why I voted for him
>>
File: 645354235.jpg (263KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
645354235.jpg
263KB, 1280x850px
>>16840814
Little too late for the new GT although i doubt it would've made much of a difference. even now, it will take quite some time before manufacturers even start designing things around the new regulations since they've probably built their business strategy going forward around Obama's.

Bring on the fuel-sucking monsters!
>>
>2025
>50 mpg
Just delaying the inevitable self driving electric car takeover. Making it easier for people to buy the 6 cylinder shitbox sedan they want for a couple decades or the cheap big engine muscle car.

I really do have issue with his stance on the environment.

>southern usa ecosystem? Border wall will fuck it
>air quality in rural trump voting states? Fuck it
>water in coal producing areas that voted for trump? full of lead
>Northern california which voted for trump? Trump supporters are glad they all died in a flood, thinking they were left
>EPA? Trump thinks it has way too much money, his associates claim climate change is a lie while they know it's a fact
>>
File: 1463779892373.jpg (1MB, 1500x1017px) Image search: [Google]
1463779892373.jpg
1MB, 1500x1017px
>>16840872
>Just delaying the inevitable self driving electric car takeover.

I don't mind. lets hope this encourages auto-makers in any way to make some fun stuff they probably otherwise wouldn't have bothered with. HOPEFULLY this steers the market towards stuff like this too so its not as niche and we have a weird final hooray of powerful Naturally aspirated and high-cylinder count turbo engines the likes of which we never thought we'd see again after the 90s before everybody's balls are permanently clipped.
>>
Realistically does this mean GM and Dodge are now going to rush out with new Ultimate Engines?
>>
File: 457657867.jpg (2MB, 3072x2048px) Image search: [Google]
457657867.jpg
2MB, 3072x2048px
>>16841100
That's what i'm hoping. Everyone (although probably not Ferd if they only want to push their ecotoot engines) will release some Super Engine. Id give anything for a GT40 scenario in which a european Manufacturer who has a ton of money to throw at carbon fiber and uses whatever then-released super engine in their car like Koenigsegg did with the Modular.
>>
>>16840814
less fuel efficiency means more expensive running costs

the industry is already moving towards ICE they arent just gonna throw everything they've learned away and go back to the stupid shit they were doing before
>>
>>16840814
>God Emperor Trump
Woah. Mega-cringe
>>
>>16840814
It's not that easy to just change regulations. It'll be years before this goes into effect, if it survives judicial scrutiny.

Even if it does, I doubt that it'll have a significant effect. Automakers aren't retarded, and see the writing on the wall.
>>
>>16840825
Same
>>
>>16840814
Oh Christ, you've triggered the climate cucks. Prepare for a 200+ post thread about muh CO2.
>>
>>16840872
Clinate change is not a lie everyone knows this
Man made climate change or global warming on the other hand...

Climate change industry is real
The fact trump doesnt have his hands in it like all the dirty kikes should tell you a lot about what kind of person he is... one who cares about healthy economic growth, someone who promotes domestic manufacturing.. someone who doesnt want to cripple the bank balance of every working class citizen by driving up the price of everyday goods and services

Whatever is done in the first world anyway is entirely irrelevant when china and india exist
>>
>>16841311
literally this

wish we had our own trump

t. australia
>>
Thank you based god.

The don!!
>>
>>16841311
I think it's hilarious that you actually believe that Trump can bring back domestic manufacturing or cares about the working-class citizen.
>>
>>16841333
He doesn't want to flood the country with immigrants like in Europe so yah he does care. Probably got that from the fake news
>>
>>16841340
lol
>>
>>16841323
Leftist media has too much control here... even with hippy faggot turnbull in power they still jump at any chance to demonize and label him as an immigrant loathing coal burning enviroment hating nazi
>>
This is only good news to gearheads, most people only care about how high they mpgs are.
>>
>>16841345
;_;
>>
Trump rolling back emissions regulations isn't gonna mean shit in 4 or 8 years, honestly. There are more people on the right that believe in human-caused climate change now than ever.

So I mean, cool for us car people but you're retarded if you think this will last. This isn't a political post, don't make it one.
>>
>>16841346
In the 80s and 90s econoboxes got 40mpg ezpz in any and all conditions
Thats a stretch these days.. epa tests may say they are fuel efficient but in real world a new civic is lucky to get above 22mpg in the city

Killing stupid regulations may allow manufacturers to start making actual econoboxes again
But who knows
>>
>>16841390
Old econoboxes also had under 90 HP and were much smaller and lighter. At this point they either improve engine tech or make cars smaller. What do you think will sell more in those scenarios?
>>
>>16841437
Smaller cars. People don't really care about the 5 gazillion torque boxes between the car's nose and their toes. They car about the 18 airbags, because more airbags=more safe. And the airbags can be done in a smaller car.
>>
>>16840872
>Just delaying the inevitable self driving electric car takeover.
It has been delaying itself for the past 20 years. Until something better than Li-Ion batteries come into play, electric cars are going to stay niche.

Protip: Li-Ion batteries are very close to being as good as they can possibly be. The technology has almost apexed and there is no big improvement left to be made, only minor incremental improvements.

I'm just an electrical engineer who does work in power generation and storage though. Feel free to "rek" me by posting some overhyped piece of shit "journalism" article about a "world-changing" or "paradigm shift" improvement in li-ion batteries which is "5-10 years away"

As for self driving cars; they'll probably never be as widespread as those who worship at the altar of musk want you to believe.
>>
File: 1488834003898.jpg (82KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1488834003898.jpg
82KB, 400x388px
>>16840814
>and other assorted Femboys
kek
>>
Because the changes aren't going to last.
>>
>>16840825
this

I expect all the red tape that shackles us to come down.
>>
Big car manufacturers aren't gonna build cars just for the USA market that can't legally be sold in Europe and Asia, especially when a change of government will almost certainly restore the status quo.

But yeah have fun rolling coal on your pickup truck while you can.
>>
Won't make a difference, regulations worldwide are still tightening, it's not like they're going to change their business plan when in 3 years the next president will just tighten up regs again.
>>
>>16841100
No, since you can already buy an 800hp+ Dodge Demon

It means more trucks and SUVs because that's what the market wants right now.

http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-auto-sales-20170104-story.html
>>
File: 1469064214761.png (584KB, 900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1469064214761.png
584KB, 900x1000px
>>16840814
Does this mean new Toyota Land Cruisers FJ79s can be imported from Australia?
>>
>Corps can make more money at the expense of the environment

Wow congratulations, manufacturers will offer 10-20 more HP because emissions are not the thing restricting power, really fucking amazing you guys
>>
torn between the fact that our planet is literally dying exponentially and the fact I want to feel the sweet caress of a big fat ass FUGGIN V8
>>
>>16842514

>3 years

>Not 8 years

Lib detected
>>
Consumer auto is not a big player in climate change and carbon dioxide is a meaningless pollutant we can sequester easily.

So, good. Lets hope he mashes our impossible for the next president to go back to feel good laws so the fucking dems might actuary change something for the better.
>>
>>16842444
True

but we could see performance models of cars with less emissions equipment choking them down

we will probably start seeing cars come from the factory with long tube headers and high flow cats
>>
>>16840865
the ford GT was only made as an advertisement for ecoboost
>>
>>16842846
We could start seeing more high MPG diesel shitboxes like the models europe gets.
>>
We need Trump in Europe damn it.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.