[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RON PAUL /o/, Need to buy car. Must be >Manual >AWD >Turbo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 7744428058_e6140df443_b.jpg (270KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
7744428058_e6140df443_b.jpg
270KB, 1024x681px
RON PAUL /o/,

Need to buy car. Must be
>Manual
>AWD
>Turbo
>Under 70k mi
> Under 15k

I've looked at evos, Subarus, and tried to find a BMW 335xi in my area but I cannot find any n54s within my specs around me. Evos are slightly out of the price range and I don't want to be a faggot driving around in the snow with that car.
No Saab 9--2x aeros I can find.

I'm not sure what else to consider.. Thoughts?
>>
File: Gale_Boetticher.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Gale_Boetticher.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
WRX.
>>
>>16838383
>wrx
>under $15k

delusions: the post
>>
>>16838378
Take that money, go to the bank, finance the $6-10000 difference.

Not hard. I'd go with a 2015+ WRX, 11-14 STi, or a newer Evo X.
>>
>>16838385
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=&formSourceTag=112&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d2233&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=&zip=36104&distance=50000&searchChanged=true&maxMileage=73000&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true#listing=164504263_isFeatured
>>
>>16838383
Not unless you know someone who can rebuild it once you blow a piston ring.
>>
>>16838395
I've considered this but don't want a large payment and don't want an car that costs 30k versus one that costs 10k right now.

I've got cash to buy a 30k Evo but pissing all your liquid in one go is a mistake so I only want to put down 5k max and finance the rest. Also I'm investing most of my cash right now.
>>
>>16838378

Fiat Panda 4x4 twin air
>>
>>16838396
Holy shit not bad. I live in Ohio next to IL and Hawkeyes are the best I know..

I am definitely going to consider this.
>>
>>16838446
I actually do know someone. He builds a lot of Subarus. Bunch of import stuff, supras, usually high hp stuff... Single man and his shop
>>
>>16838500
A certified pre-owned base model '15 WRX or even a leftover '16 WRX will run you $25k.

>only want to put $5k down

So you have $5k, then say that and keep looking for a used 02-05 WRX/Legacy GT. I'd suggest you raise your base by $2-3000 (personal loan from smaller bank, family/friends) and find something. I've seen Legacies with built motors sell for $6-8000. Keep a search alert active for the area within 200 miles and do it that way. Quite frankly, $15k is a shitty budget. You could either do a high mileage 04-07 WRX STi or 09-12 WRX, or a low mileage 06-08 WRX/Forester XT due to being too old or too high miles.

Neither of which most banks will touch for financing

Example:

https://newyork.craigslist.org/que/cto/6032100433.html

Jew him down to $7000 flat.

>>16838535
It seems like too much, but then again these cars really didn't change a whole lot from when they first came out up until 2015 with the FA20. I bought my 9-2X Aero for $4000, and saw a few for $4-7000. Keep a eye out on the forums too.
>>
>>16838573
I can put another 7 or 8 down, that is not the issue. I just don't want to spend it because I'm a jewnigger with a mutilated jewcock. (the latter is actually real)

I also am not a fan of Subarus but I will get over this.

I've also considered a buick regal GS 2012 used. 40k mi fwd 6spd from a dealer for right around 15k.
>>
>>16838629
You'll get over that pretty quickly. I hated Subarus until I bought one. They feel like a 1990s car without the 1990s drawbacks. I'll readily admit Evos were better cars...but they don't make them anymore.

>Responsive Steering
>Practical
>Tons of visibility
>Reliable when stock and unabused (even then, don't launch it or try to boost it to x2 stock whp on stock internals/driveline, that's when shit goes downhill as soon as you start swapping turbos for anything bigger than a factory sized one and romp on it)
>Feels agile/nimble, with tons of grip despite understeer at limit
>Cheap parts, and spark plugs/valve cover gaskets aside very very easy to work on

The appeal is there and they have their niche, try finding a Turbo AWD sedan that isn't totally soulless.

Like I said these cars didn't change a whole lot from 2002-2005 to 2015. Try to find a older one in a non-salt state, or one with a fresh motor for $7-8000 or less. I paid $4000 for mine from Miami. Paint is fucked on all the plastics, and it has 100k miles and due for a timing belt job but it's better than anything I found up in NYC.

Best advice aside from that is to keep looking. They're rare but still there.
>>
>>16838678
I appreciate this post. Im going to look into them more.

>The appeal is there and they have their niche, try finding a Turbo AWD sedan that isn't totally soulless.

BMW 335xi 07-10. That's also what I've been looking for.

I only have a month or two to look and I honestly don't see myself keeping the car for more than a year or two so I don't think I want to travel more than a couple hundred miles for it.
>>
Why not look at an AWD G37?
Those are a thing, but they're not turbocharged. Why does it have to be a turbo engine anyway?
>>
>>16838729
>AWD
>Turbo

Was Just s preference. Car could be fwd or an inline 6/v6.

This opens a bunch of other options.
>>
Celica?
>>
>>16838729

Fun cars if you can deal with a 6spd Automatic.

>>16838707
Then look for a CPO car or a good deal on a Turbo Subuaru and sell it when you're done. At least they hold value.

Or go for a lease on a Q50 AWD.

I'm not crazy on the Twin Turbo BMWs, they need deep pockets but you get a lot of car for the money. If you buy one keep $2-3000 stashed for when something breaks.
>>
>>16838768
I have the cash so I have accounted for that.

Will check out cpo Subarus
>>
>>16838792
They'll still run you close to $20-25k (since Subaru won't CPO a car older than 2011-12) but you'll be able to get financing and it'll be stock and keep warranty.

If you're keeping it for 1-2 years you're a prime candidate for a lease.
>>
>>16838803
I was deciding against the lease because it is hard to find a respectable lease price for a Subaru. My current lease is a Cadillac ats AWD and it's $300 a month. Subarus are more, you have to put money down. And you get no comforts.
>>
>>16838378
>within my specs around me.

If you're not willing to travel to get what you want, you'll never find what you want.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.