[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats up /o/. I'm currently a hasbike and am looking to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: fwx_09frontier_fenders_01.jpg (128KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
fwx_09frontier_fenders_01.jpg
128KB, 800x533px
Whats up /o/.

I'm currently a hasbike and am looking to buy a truck. I want something mid-size and capable offroad but practical. need 4 doors and reasonable room for 4-5 people preferably.

Plan to use it as a little camping/expedition vehicle and something to use whenever I go out and need to bring people along.

Needs:
4 wheel drive
decent offroad aftermarket
preferably a good amount of power
hoping for semi-decent economy but not expecting it
solid reliability
4 doors
something in the sub-20-25k range used.

I've considered pic related (Frontier) because I think they look cool and know they're based on the same frame as the Titan. The VQ motors are a gud. Decent aftermarket. They don't have the Toyota tax but are just as good

Also obviously considering the 1st and 2nd generation Tacomas but the 1st gens were a bit small and the second gens had some issues. Still wouldn't mind one.

Not opposed to a mid-size SUV or even a full size truck if the case could be made. I do prefer the bed of a truck though. Motorcycles, hauling shit, and such.

What say you /o/?
>>
>>16835886
How are you going to fit a motorcycle in a Titan bed?

Exactly what type of offroading do you think you'll be doing? desert racing? rock crawling? tight technical trails at ORV parks? mild DD friendly trails?
>>
>mid-size
>room for 4-5 people

they'd all better be short and skinny
>>
File: photo18.jpg (152KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
photo18.jpg
152KB, 640x480px
>>16835894
>How are you going to fit a motorcycle in a Titan bed?

Actually a Frontier bed, It's smaller than a Titan.
It's pretty easy, even the short bed has enough room if you leave the tailgate down and leave the rear tire poking out on it while strapped down. Pic related.

>Exactly what type of offroading do you think you'll be doing? desert racing? rock crawling? tight technical trails at ORV parks? mild DD friendly trails?
Hopefully all of the above. I live in Southern California so probably going to be mostly desert and mild rock crawling but i hope to do some traveling and hit MOAB, BC, etc.
I'd like an all around capable truck offroad.
>>
>>16835904
seems like you already made your decision, start shopping
>>
>>16835903
Mid size Frontiers and Tacomas aren't the most roomy cars int he world but they have enough space to fit 4 people comfortably and 5 people with a squeeze.

Realistically I'd probably have 1-2 people with me and my dogs plus camping gear. So a 4 door is necessary.

But again, I'm not completely opposed to a full size. I'd just prefer the smaller size of aa midsize for practicality reasons
>>
>>16835909
Not fully set on the Frontier, I just like the way it looks.
At work we have some Colorados and they are decent trucks with the 5 cylinder and 4 wheel drive.
Everyone raves about Tacomas.
And then there is the fact that a full size like a silverado will probably get about the same fuel economy and have more power and room.

I do like the ecoboost F150's a lot but I think they're out of my price range.
>>
>>16835913
>midsize for practicality reasons

parking, etc?
>>
File: uzj100 rh front.jpg (534KB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
uzj100 rh front.jpg
534KB, 1200x798px
100 series land rovers are tits for the sort of thing you're looking to do. Will just have to buy/rent a trailer when you want to haul your bikes though.
>>
>>16835945
Pretty much.
>>
>>16835948
>land rovers
land cruisers derp
>>
>>16835928
I would look for the best used tacoma you can find in your budget
>>
>>16835886
There really aren't too many advantages mid-sizes have over half tons. Unless you have need for something small, I'd advise you to look at the half tons instead. You'll have more space, higher towing capacity, higher payload, and fuel economy thats often very similar to the smaller trucks.
>>
>>16835886

You might honestly need to look at a mid or full sized for your needs.

My Frontier has held up great for camping trips, though. Back seats can be a bit cramped, but that's the deal with this size. Much cheaper than a Taco (with same engine options and same "meh" interiors) so you can spend more on aftermarket parts at least.
>>
>>16835886
Just buy a Ssangyong
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.