[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got a raise and some surprise cash. Should I sell my current

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0851.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0851.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I got a raise and some surprise cash. Should I sell my current tires and get some UHP summer tires that actually let me put my foot down in 2nd gear? Or should I wear them out first? They simply just can't handle the torque.

>current tires
Pilot Sport A/S 3 (about 4000km on them)

>looking to get next
Firehawk Indy 500 (good grip, great treadwear)
Azenis RT615K+ (great grip, okay treadwear)
Pilot Super Sports (great grip, good treadwear, high cost)
>>
>>16832990
RE71R are the best tire going for the Fiesta.

I would put another 16000 km on your current tires before replacing them. Also worth considering if you want to swap to light weight wheels and going with a different tire size.
>>
>>16832990
Stop trying to dress up an econo box
>>
>>16833030
stop having fun
>>
>>16833030
Stop compensating for your bus pass.
>>
>>16833009
I want a DD tire, RE71R's are one step away from Hoosier's and the 200TW rating is a straight lie so they can dominate autocross.

I got lightweight wheels for my summers (stockers are for winter now), but they're still 17x7. Aside from the stock size, 215/40/17 and 205/45/17 should both be good and have minimal effect on gearing/speedometer readings.
>>
>>16832990
Use your current tires before getting new ones.

I've always found Michelins to be good on my ST. Why do you want to get rid of them?
>>
>>16833040
Those are the tires I would get. PSS might be slightly discounted since the Pilot Sport 4s recently were released.

I think anything you go for is going to have greatly reduced treadwear, especially if you've done any tuning.
>>
>>16833062
My ST has about 35+ HP and 50+ torque over stock, and I can't really put my foot down until I'm most of the way through 2nd gear. I feel like I'd have more fun if I had something that could just grab better.
>>
>>16832990
No. You should sell it and buy a car that's actually good
>>
>>16833093
But it is good.
>>
>>16832990
I got 400whp in a rwd car and cant pin the throttle in second gear (40-65) with my 265 -35 pilot super sports.

But i almost can. A 50 roll and ill hook on the right surface. Its one of the best DD tires. I can get nt05s and hook but i can forget about driving in the rain. With MPSS you can still make that rain your bitch.
>>
>>16833087
>can't really put my foot down

tires are cold and/or road surface

>lol fwd

meme mobile
>>
Does anyone have input on the Azenis RT615K? A new version (615+) is out on Tire Rack and they come in my ideal size.
>>
POLE POSITION
>>
>>16835220
buy michelins or bfgs and gtfo.
>>
Get a proper car instead of being a hard parking poorfag who spends waaaay too much on tires and shitty "driver mods"
You losers make me Cringe
>>
>>16835236
How's that public transport treating you?
>>
>>16835427
My kettle isn't black thankyou very much.
>>
>>16835446
You'd have to own a kettle to have a color.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.