[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that driving with foglights on (in any condition where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Lights01.jpg (69KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Lights01.jpg
69KB, 800x600px
Is it true that driving with foglights on (in any condition where you would have your headlights on anyways) is considered inconsiderate and even douchy?

I see people do it all the time which I always liked the lookof. and now I finally have a car with foglights I started to hear it's inconsiderate and even dangerous.

How so? I never had issues with oncoming cars with their foglights on.
>>
As long as they aren't high beaming the fuck out of my retinas they can do whatever they want. It never bothered me.
>>
In Britain it's illegal to have them on in clear weather. You might not have any issues with bright fog lights but other people might.
>>
>>16830664
Same in germany and the rest of europe.
20€ for incorrect foglights usage or 35€ when damage happens because of incorrect usage
>>
>>16830553

fucking leaf here.

almost everyone does it out here in the sticks. the wide angle of the foglights is really helpful for potholes and detecting wildlife on the side of the road. no one thinks anything about it really.
>>
it's generally illegal in most states to have them on when not required but it's pretty much never ticketed.

in most driving conditions it's not that bad, but in the rain it casts a lot of light down where the wet pavement reflects it and it bounces into the eyes of other drivers reducing their vision.
>>
>>16831214
€220 here in Norway
>>
>>16830553
If you don't absolutely need them, it's a douchebag thing to do, yes.
Turn them the fuck off before someone smashes them.
>>
>>16831248
>€220 for emitting photons incorrectly
What the FUCK?
>>
>>16830553
>is considered inconsiderate and even douchy?
Yes, but it's not. The beam pattern produced by a fog light makes it impossible for them to be blinding to anyone. They glare far less than a low beam does.

>unless you put LEDs in them, in which case you should die in a fire and they technically aren't fog lights any more

>or if you put HIDs in your turn signals and call them fog lights, in which case they were never fog lights
>>
File: faggots.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
faggots.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
LOOK AT ME GUISE I GOT THE OPTIONAL FOGLIGHTS LOOK AT THEM LET ME BLIND YOU WITH MY FOGLIGHTS BRO LOOK AT ME I GOT FOGLIGHTS BETTER MAKE SURE TO HAVE MY FOGLIGHTS ON INCASE THERE COULD BE FOG ON THIS SUNNY SUMMER EVENING.

the saddest part is, people are actually autistic enough to get in the car, put on their seatbelt, start the engine, turn on the headlights and press the foglight button
>>
>>16830553
It's not douchy, its cunty.
>>
>>16831487
Are you retarded? Fog lights, unless modified, are angled low and wide to, as the name implies, cut through FOG. They do not reach up and blind anyone unless you're driving a slammed MX5 that's rolling .00009 off the ground.
>>
>>16830664
>banned in Britain

yuropoors literally write the memes for us.
>>
>>16831765
>>16831465
SEE
>>16831244
>>
>>16831244
>in most driving conditions it's not that bad, but in the rain it casts a lot of light down where the wet pavement reflects it and it bounces into the eyes of other drivers reducing their vision.

>let me refuse to use my fog lights which are intended for adverse weather conditions whenever the weather is adverse
>it's okay to use them when the weather is clear though!!

Is it illegal to use them in heavy snow or fog too?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.