[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, I will soon be able to buy my own car, but insurance for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Hello, I will soon be able to buy my own car, but insurance for my age and license will be extremely expensive. I work part time as I am in school, and mainly want the car for transport up to the airport as I am soon starting my pilots licence as well. The car will get use for other things, but I was wondering if it is worth the cost. If it is, any recommendations for cars with flip-up head lights that are reliable would be great
>>
>>16829756

>Pilot here

I can not help too much with the car information but if u have any questions about Flight or schooling to become a Private Pilot, ect. Feel free to ask. I'll answer as I can.
>>
>>16829756
I dont like hondas but something like a honda prelude with pop ups would be good
Ford probe will not be good
Mr2 aw11 has a lot of room and cheap to insure same with the sw20
If you want a meme car the ae86, corolla 86
I think theres some celicas with pop up headlights and a toyota celica will be very reliable, very cheap, and very plentiful
>>
>>16829815
trust me I've wanted an 86 for a long time but theres none in Canada.

>>16829804
this might be different because I am in Canada, but did you get a degree and what type? my college here offers a two year program where you get your commercial license and a business degree
>>
>>16829828
It was technically called associates in "Aviation Technology" and it too was a 2 year deal. It ends with the completion of a Commercial Flight rating.
>>
>>16829828
>There's no AE86s in Canada
I'm sorry, what?

Anyway, get an older Celica. If you can afford an Alltrac/GT-Four, buy that.
>>
>>16829756
3rd gen prelude
NA miata
4th gen celica

Unless you need actual backseats, pick one of these, cheap af to insure because they are light so only 120hp more or less
Beware the maintenance costs for them as they are 25-30 years old now
>>
>>16829837
How was getting into the job market after you were done school?
>>
>>16829869

This is where it can get dark...

So finding a job is really easy. Heck, u can apply all over the country. However, If you are trying to settle in a specific region or location, you might have to take a non-flying position and wait to be promoted when one it available.

Also. The pay is horrible. Imagine only making around $25,000-$30,000 a year for your first contract (normally 6 years) and putting in multiple LONG hours days where it is often that you don't go home at all. Then to top it off, you do not get paid for it. Yep... just put in a 12 hour day but was only flying for 5? Sorry buddy, as far as they are concerned, u only worked for 5 hours. Or my favorite, going corporate and technically being at work for 4 days unable to go home to only get paid for a few hours is a common thing.

Pilots divorce rates are in the top 3 (rivaling the military). They even have an acronym (AIDS) for it because if a pilot eventually does find someone will to be a family with them, they rarely get to see them.

You can NEVER drink. You are always on call. You have to guard your body like holy relic. All it takes is one car accident ect. To get hurt and lose your medical. No medical, no job.

You ARE a slave to the job. There is only the job. So you better love flying and never want a family, kids, a nice house or car. (Yes, you could afford them in your 2nd or 3rd contract, but you will never see them.)
>>
if you want as cheap to run as possible, get a prius
>shit cheap gas mileage
>almost nothing brakes
>relatively comfy
>pretty good storage space
>pretty cheap used with higher mileage, but mileage doesnt matter to them

they're just slow as balls and boring to drive
>>
>>16830905
also
>cheap insurance because cheap parts and super slow and hybrid
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.