[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much would it cost to replace a control arm bushing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: f2.jpg (74KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
f2.jpg
74KB, 600x601px
How much would it cost to replace a control arm bushing on a 2012 Ford?
>>
>>16826376
bout tree fiddy
>>
Ford what
>>
>>16826390
Mustang gt
>>
>>16826376
Thats a nice looking Ford you have there
>>
>>16826443
>Found
>Orifices
>Rekt
>Dammmnnnn
>>
>>16826376
www.rockauto.com
well if you do it yourself its not so bad.

if you pay a mechanic to do it. your wallet is kill.
>>
>>16826607

>Exactly this

I paid 200 CAD to replace both control arms on my car because the bushings couldn't be replaced. The shop was asking just a little over 1000 CAD.
>>
If you don't mind me asking, how do you even know that your control arm bushing needs replacing?
>>
>>16826376
Just get a new control arm, should come with arm, bushings, and balljoints already assembled.
Easy to do 3/10 difficulty.
Bushings or balljoints by themselves
7/10 not worth it until something else goes bad
>>
>>16826376
Had to replace both control arms on the front end of my car. Did it myself for about $200 total. Dealer wanted $1200.
>>
>>16826623
they will make a grinding clunking sound when going over bumps or when you stop and accelerate. steering wheel will shake also. eventually the wheel falls offs.
>>
>>16826376
I got MOOG lower control arms complete with bushings and ball joints for $23 each on RockAuto for my car. Fuck you shop.
>>
>>16826648
also this.
>>16826663

Moog only mang. Shit was $75 for my car though. Worth every penny though.
>>
>>16826658
Well, there are a couple of things about this thread that make me question whether or not OP knows what he is even talking about.

Someone that would be able to diagnose a worn control arm bushing wouldn't ask how much it costs to replace. You would know enough at that point that it's a fairly straight-forward procedure that can be done by almost anyone. So I wonder how you even came to the conclusion that the control arm bushing of all components is what needs to be replaced.

Second, these bushings are pretty resilient and I would be surprised if they really were in need of replacement on a vehicle that new. There are tons of 20-30+ year old shit boxes on the roads with the same bushings that came with them from the factory and don't have any issues
>>
File: Untitled-16-768x339.png (311KB, 768x339px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-16-768x339.png
311KB, 768x339px
>>16826376
is that the chick from unfortunate events
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.