[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I had looked at an Audi A3 or A4 with the 2L turbo but then I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: vw-passat-road-test-2015-011.jpg (82KB, 900x596px) Image search: [Google]
vw-passat-road-test-2015-011.jpg
82KB, 900x596px
I had looked at an Audi A3 or A4 with the 2L turbo but then I saw that I can get a VW Passat with a 3.5L v6 for $10k cheaper and it's just as nice on the inside.

Should I take the plunge?
>>
>>16824289
sure why not
>>
>>16824302
that's what i'm asking you.
>>
>>16824289
Audi Is markup for brand. Slightly higher materials quality but build quality is very close. As long as you aren't getting one of the Mexico engineered lines like the jetta.
>>
>>16824392
I checked the VIN - it starts with "1" so it was assembled in the US.
I think 3 is Mexico.
>>
>>16824403
passats are built in tennessee.
>>
>>16824403
Built is not a huge issue, volkswagen had a mexican engineering team update a few of their cars. I think the Golf and Jetta were part of that. As far as I know the Passat is still good.
>>
Can get a vw passat tdi for piss ass cheap right now, and they are pretty damn nice. If I didn't already have a $15k dad machine I'd buy one.
>>
>>16824491
>Can get a vw passat tdi for piss ass cheap right now
I wonder why...
>>
>>16824289
There's no reason to get an Audi unless you like the looks. There's also no reason to get a VW unless you like the looks, but the Passat isn't a bad car either so there's not really a reason not to get one of there isn't another car you prefer.

Basically, if the size is right for you and you're not looking for anything exciting, go for it. Or don't. Nobody really cares, including you apparently.
>>
>>16824502
It's no mystery why, just a good ads deal while people flail their arms about the environment that mostly no one cares about
>>
>>16824512
I want something fun to drive, but look like an adult doing it.
I wear a suit to work every day and I get weird looks when getting out of my hot hatch that I've had since I was 17.
>>
>>16824502
it's a good thing they are still good cars
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (472KB, 1890x1417px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
472KB, 1890x1417px
>>16824289
US/China Passat it`s a piece of shit.
Look at a B9 A4 with quattro. No more quattro like before, but new quttro works fine.
>>
>>16824548
Only the real sports models are fun to drive (ignoring potential alternatives, just how they are themselves).

The Passat (V6) feels smoother than the two liter A4 but neither make you feel like throwing them into corners. They're bland cars to drive and the design pretty much matches it.

That's not entirely a bad thing though, in your case you don't seem to really want to go overboard with a sporty look, but the Passat isn't any less "adult" looking than the A4 either. Heck they're pretty equal if you ask me, not really eyecatchers at all but there's enough design that they're not completely bland.

You won't go wrong with the Passat, but don't expect it to be a real joy to drive. Nothing inherently bad about them as long as you realize they're not sporty at all.

Hope it doesn't sound too negative, because I'm not. The A4 and Passat are both good cars to drive and look alright, but you won't get much fun out of them.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.