[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A screw punctured my tire so I used pic related then poured tire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: pACE3-1189553enh-z8.jpg (618KB, 1305x1305px) Image search: [Google]
pACE3-1189553enh-z8.jpg
618KB, 1305x1305px
A screw punctured my tire so I used pic related then poured tire sealant in the tire afterwards.

Now what? Drive around with it for a bit, then is everything ok forever or will this tire lose pressure faster than the rest forever?
>>
Why the fuck did you pour in sealant? The plug is all you need.

Be wary though: when you plug a tire, the speed ratings are void. I wouldn't drive more than about 85 on a tire that's been plugged.
>>
Same thing happened to me about 5k miles ago.
No issue so far, pressure is holding the same as before.
Seems permanent.
>>
I don't trust plugged tyres as anon above stated, i'd get two new ones if you like to drive.
>>
>get screw/nail in tire
>go to shop
>think they use magic to repair it

if u drive at high speeds you may want to get new tires otherwise youll be ok.
>>
>>16819356
>Why the fuck did you pour in sealant? The plug is all you need.
was it detrimental? I'm just paranoid and the kit I had didn't even have rubber cement or whatever so how can it be airtight.
>>
>>16819340
>poured tire sealant in the tire afterwards.
sensor's fucked, everyone will charge you extra to deal with that tire, tire warranty is void, speed rating is void, balance is fucked, etc. etc.

Should've put on your spare and had someone do an internal tire patch.
>>
>>16819371
>rubber cement
nigga what?
>>
>>16819356
I have 3 plugged tires (about 8 months old on the plug) and I regularly drive hektikly lmao
>>
>>16819371
How did you pour in tire sealant? What was it, that Slime shit you put in bike tires?

Those liquid sealants are not designed for permanent use. If you leave them in for too long they can corrode the inside of the rim.
>>
>>16819380
this. tire shops hate that shit. the last shop i went to had a sign that said to not put that shit in a tire.
>>
File: plug patch.jpg (36KB, 575x426px) Image search: [Google]
plug patch.jpg
36KB, 575x426px
>>16819370
>magic
It's not magic, but the better shops do use combo plug patches that are applied from the inside. This type of repair, so long as the puncture is in the center of the tread, is much more reliable and retains the speed rating of the tire if only one is applied.
>>
>>16819390
not the exact brand but it's probably like this? Some thick yellow liquid that was applied through the valve.

If it's just corrosion then I'm not too worried because it's a used & salted car that's already been rusted twice over. As long as the car lasts a few more years when I can afford to waste money on a new car.
>>
holy shit thats what that tool is for? i have had those in my toolbox and had no idea wtf purpose they had
>>
>>16819340
>poured tire sealant in the tire afterwards.
The tire shop says not to do it. The sealant can get into the air hole for the tire air pressure sensor and make readings inaccurate. The shop said it also makes a huge mess inside the tire and rim. All that has to be cleaned out when they get the tire to patch it and probably replace your TPMS.

Instead of using sealant, drive to your local tire shop. Many have free flat repair in hopes that you will have "good will" and come back to them for tires and other services. Pump more air into the tires, drive a few miles, stop, pump some more air in, drive, repeat. You can limp along to the closest shop even if the leak is fast enough to limit you to a mile or two of driving between air refills.
>>
>>16819964
>TPMS
pretty sure my car doesn't have that so I'm good on that. Too late on the sealant though and I guess all my tire pressure readings will be fucked . I won't use it ever again next time.
>>
>>16819795
Go to a tire shop and have them take the tire off and clean that shit out.
>>
File: son-i-am-disappoint1re2.jpg (67KB, 465x349px) Image search: [Google]
son-i-am-disappoint1re2.jpg
67KB, 465x349px
>>16819340
>I used pic related then poured tire sealant in the tire afterwards.
> the kit I had didn't even have rubber cement or whatever so how can it be airtight.

I really hope this is a troll thread but if not, you done fucked OP. Take it to a tire shop hanging your head in shame and get them to do this properly.

Plugs can be done properly and be OK (not Ideal) but you made a mess of this shit
>>
>>16819800

There's 2.
One is a reamer, the other the plug putter in thing.
I forgot all the steps but its ream the hole to fit the plug.
Pug the plug in the hole on the other, insert, twist or something, pull out and the plug stays in.
There might be a glue in there somewhere.

Pretty sire thoe were banned for awhile though.
>>
>>16819371

Good luck getting your tire changed after that.

If you tell the tech you put sealant in the tire he either won't do it or charge you more because that shit gets every where when dismounting.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.