[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking at getting a new truck. Can't decide between a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Looking at getting a new truck.

Can't decide between a Cummins, powerstroke, or duramax.

I'm looking at getting something around 2011-2013 model year and 4x4.

I work on cummins literally all day ever day, so I know a lot of their quirks. But, I also feel like GM has a much better ride than all three, and I've gone through the factory warranty training for the Ford 6.0, 6.4, and 6.7 powerstrokes.

Help me decide.
>>
>>16813271
Those ain't trucks, those are pavement princessea
>>
File: 1406843847474.gif (158KB, 209x193px) Image search: [Google]
1406843847474.gif
158KB, 209x193px
>>16813271
GET AS CIVIC

SHUT THE FUCK UP

also diesel a shit gasoline truck masterrace faggot
>>
>>16813271
Duramax is down on torque for those model years, but at 700lbft I'm not sure it makes much of a difference. You are obviously experienced with the Cummins, so you would know what tends to go wrong with those trucks. I don't know anything about the fords
>>
>>16813271

Literally, if you buy any diesel except for a Cummins, you're fucking wrong. There is some modicum of value to be found in the overall quality of a Ford Pickup, but the Duramax and the overall GM build quality is trash.
>>
>trucklets
>>
>>16813450
This right here is what tends to turn me away from getting a Cummins. I have to listen to it none stop at work. Drives me nuts. But, I do get an insane discount on parts.

>>16813450
I do tend to agree about GM build quality. I've had predominantly GM trucks for the past 15yrs. I've owned ford's and used a few cummins.
>>
>>16813271

those are engines not vehicles
>>
>>16813901

It's not my fault Cummins has the better, more durable, more powerful engine. It is simply a fact. I'm not browanking the fucking things. I run an absolutely ancient 12v in my old off road rig. They take abuse like nothing else on the goddamn planet.

Powerstrokes and Duramaxes just cannot compete on any fucking level. The former is decent and can do virtually anything you want, but they're sluggish and boring engines. The latter are horrifically underpowered compared to their competition and literally fall apart at 100k miles - The break in point of both other engines.

Once again, if you don't buy a Cummins, you're fucking wrong. It's the best of the three un-fucking-equivocably.
>>
>>16814188
How does it make you feel to know that I work on these daily and consider the cummins 5.9 and 6.7 piles of crap?
>>
>>16813271
>2017
>being a truck cuck

Also

>buying gm
lmao
>>
>>16814188
Not a day goes by that I don't wonder why the fuck cummins didn't design a better engine. Honestly. As soon as they hit 200k, they turn into emissions gremlins that the only cure for is to replace the injectors and the turbo. Oh, hey let's not put gasket on the exhaust clamps before the DPF assembly, they'll totally seal everything up! Yeah fucking right. Heu, you know what else? Let's make the sensing ports for the EGR system supper hard to get to so you have to pull the intake housing off to clean them out. I know let's have it flow shit tons of egr so they plug up or get supper restricted all the fucking time.

Or better yet! Let's just drop valves within 40k miles of initially building the engine. Fuck yeah! That's sounds like a brilliant idea!

Seriously. There's only two other engines that give me almost as much headaches. 07-09 8.3L ISC engines and RECON ISM engines.
>>
The 11's had some teething issues, but the 12+ 6.7's are pretty damn nasty once their deleted and tuned.
>>
>>16813450
This is truth... if it was 20 years ago. ISB Cummins are average at best when compared to the other "HD" pickup diesels. Duramax would definitely take the cake these days.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.