[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>letting a (((computer))) shift gears for you https://ww

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1434803757504.jpg (33KB, 540x390px) Image search: [Google]
1434803757504.jpg
33KB, 540x390px
>letting a (((computer))) shift gears for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03m7fmnhO0I
>>
Computers are better than humans in a lot of ways. There's a reason automation will be commonly used by the mid-21st century.
>>
>>16811700
Because the (((computer))) decided to accelerate to 120 mph, that man and his white family are all dead.
>>
>>16811722
They're all dead because the driver is fucking retarded. Even if the throttle got stuck in a manual he'd be too stupid to depress the clutch.

Why do thelse people always find time to call 911 instead of trying to solve the problem?
>>
>>16811681
How does this have anything to do with the transmission?
>>
>>16811681
that was the whitest fuckboi I ever heard

I like how he called the cops like what the fuck

this guy died because he was stupid and shouldnt have had a license
>>
>>16812018
Try to learn how cars work
>>
>>16812070
The issue was a stuck accelerator. He could have shifted into neutral but didn't. Why does it matter that the transmission is 'electronically controlled'?
>>
>>16811681
I let your mom shift my stick :^)
>>
these are tye fucking retards who are soposed to protect and serve the population

how could anyone ever trust someone this stupid with their life
>>
>>16811722
They are all dead because he was an idiot. He could have turned the engine off or switched into neutral, and used the e-brake to slow down.
>>
>>16812090
I remember reading a bunch of articles following this and the Prius guy (who reportedly did it for publicity, insurance and to get "free money") and a car magazine even went so far as to test vehicle brakes with the car at full throttle. Among the cars tested was a bunch of different stuff, including a ROUSH (oh yes) and even that one couldn't overpower the brakes.

tl;dr: Brakes are always designed to be more powerful than the engine.
>>
>>16812090
You need to depress the brake to shift into neutral. His brakes failed by that point because he attempted to use them to slow down. I have honestly never driven an automatic after I passed my driving test on an auto after taking just a few lessons so I don't have the experience to know whether or not you can shift into neutral or park if the brake fails just by depressing the pedal. Still though, even if you can still shift to neutral with an auto, I would trust a manual car over an automatic to perform an emergency stop. With a manual car, you can shift into neutral without your brake and if for some reason your gear shift isn't working, the action of depressing the clutch gives the same result as being in the neutral position.

One option he had was shifting into low gear (which I think doesn't require the brake, correct?) and blowing the engine, but his American brain was too retarded to give birth to such a sophisticated idea.

>>16812535
The car he was driving had a push button start instead of a key and you couldn't turn off the engine by pressing this button while driving.
>>
>>16812689
>tl;dr: Brakes are always designed to be more powerful than the engine.
The brakes are also not designed to bring the car to a complete stop while the engine is spinning at full throttle with the drive train engaged. You'll slow down if you hold the brakes in that situation but then the brake fluid will simply boil and the brake will fail, which is what happened in this situation.
>>
>>16812733
your engine has maybe something around 150-250hp. your brakes an dissipate energy in the MW-Range which is more than 1200hp. No engine can overpower the cars brakes. Maybe if you are not determined enough to bring the car to a stop and you don't press hard enough, the pads may glaze up and reduce your braking power.

However, when you press the brake pedal in modern cars, the throttle shuts automatically, so you should be alright anyway.
>>
>>16812723
>You need to depress the brake to shift into neutral.
Wrong. All cars will let you throw it into neutral, regardless or brake depression or not. It is a safety thing for reasons exactly like this.
>>
>>16811681
How in hell does a CHP officer panic like that?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.