[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

annoying parent thread anyone? >Be me >Be 20 (actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: celica.jpg (246KB, 800x550px) Image search: [Google]
celica.jpg
246KB, 800x550px
annoying parent thread anyone?

>Be me
>Be 20 (actually yesterday)
>saving up a lot of money recently, almost got $1500 AUD on me and going to save up about $2300 for a ST184 or ST204 celica

inb4 i can get celicas cheaper than that. the cost to get it up to where i live would cost a lot. measure the distance between Cairns and Brisbane and you get the gist

>mum says bullshit like "AT LEAST GET ONE WITH AIRBAGS!"
>i tell her that most sports cars dont even have airbags, let alone even most modern ones and none at all for side airbags
>BUT SIDE AIRBAGS CAN SAVE YOU IF YOU GET HIT BY A TRUCK
>they never come in sports cars ever. even your land cruiser and Rav4 doesnt even have them.
>actually got her to shut the fuck up about it
>im still saving up for the cash but in a few weeks i'll be able to get it
she knows that i want to get into rally and to join the JDM motor club

(future plans for the celica is to swap the 5S-FE for a 3S-GE and to equip it with a supercharger once i get off my Ps)

anyone ever get retard parents like this?
>>
>>16811028
Your parents have a retard son
>>
>>16811035
why? is it cause i like celicas?

if i could, i would get a GT-Four but thats impossible on a P plater's licence
>>
>>16811038
That legislation came into place because retards and turbos don't mix well.
>>
>>16811043
i said i want to get into rally, not right off the bat. i happen to like rally quite a lot.

and i dont like turbos anyway, there's lag, its expensive to even get a anti lag system. which is why i prefer superchargers whilst modding the engine to have extractors

im not going to do it right off the bat, but eventually once i do get off my Ps and when i driven the car a lot
>>
>>16811043
also her main concern is about the car having airbags

even though im a responsible driver and i avoid potential accidents like the plague
>>
>>16811052
Obviously you'd be aware of this if you are into rally, but it seems dangerous as fuck. More so than track based racing I'd say.
>>
>>16811028
>parent cares about wellbeing of son
>omg my parents are such retards like omg *listens to crawling in my skin*
Retard.
>>
>>16811057
>avoid potential accidents like the plague
Oh so you can see into the future? They're called accidents because nobody expects them to happen you fucking retard.
>Muh parents are annoying cause they care about my well being
I could understand if she told you that you couldn't buy a car without airbags but sounded like she just wants you to be safe. No need to act like a cock
>>
>>16811028
>But muuuuum all the cool kids have no airbaaags
Jesus anon
>>
>>16811028
>most sports cars dont even have airbags, let alone even most modern ones and none at all for side airbags
>they never come in sports cars ever.

wew lad
>>
>>16811716
Mate i've only had 2 accidents so far and they were just small parking ones. I think i can avoid retards
>>
>>16811028
>Mum caring for your well-being
>Therefore she must be stupid

Bloody hell, lad. Sounds like you're the retard by misunderstanding your mum.
>>
>>16811028
You fucking retard, your parents are trying to save your stupid ass. You wannabe racecar driver in wannabe gt car gonna crash it anyway, they just want you to make it through your first crash in one piece.
>>
>>16811028
protip: dont tell them, you literally sound like an edgy teen to them
>>16811052
learn about cars first m8
>>
>>16811028
Just listen to your mom.
>>
>>16811028
>Saving lots of money
>almost 1500

Pick one.

If 1500 is a lot of money to you do not mod your car and do not get into rally. You will be broke with no car.
>>
>>16811028
>be an auscuck

Thread saved and retorted then closed.
>>
File: 20130823_133602.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20130823_133602.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>16811028
Thankfully my st205 had no airbag and the nicer oem 3 spoke wheel but there is an airbag model, the final facelift may even have had an option for passenger airbags.

The same probably stands for pleb tier celicas too. Saying that, if getting a non gt-four, why not look at gen 7's the 190 model is supposedly pretty good?
>>
Only annoying teenagers and immature adolescents complain about their parents. Grow the fuck up then come back
>>
>>16811680
>*listens to crawling in my skin*
I keked hard
>>
>>16811028
>Hey anon! Please stop being on the computer so much and listen. I know that you want a cool and fast car and i support your decision since its your money, but could you maybe consider getting something safe? i know you might not realize this now, but you are still young and you might want to enjoy your fast car *too* much and go over the safe limits. At least get something safe enough so that you dont get hurt!

OH MAY GEEEEEEEEERD MY PARENTS ARE SUCH WEAK TOOL KEKS I FUCKING HATE THEM THEY ARE SO ANNOYING BUT IN THE END NOTHING ELSE MATTERS
ANYWAYS /O/ I JUST WANT TO SWAP MY CELICA ENGINE WITH A TURBO HIGH POWER ENGINE TO MAKE 700 HP AND FEEL LIKE IN GROUP B AGAIN. IGNORE THE ROLLCATE ITS EXTRA WEIGHT AND I WONT CRASH ANYWAYS. I AM TOO GOOD TO CRASH
>>
File: 1472679640089.jpg (45KB, 681x496px) Image search: [Google]
1472679640089.jpg
45KB, 681x496px
>>16811766
>Mate i've only had 2 accidents so far and they were just small parking ones. I think i can avoid retards
>>
>>16811052
>I want to rally
>>16811057
>I'm a responsible driver and avoid accidents
Well which one is it m8
>>
>>16811028
>annoying parent thread anyone?
I need a car to rack up miles on and slap lots of shit into for work.

Parents recommended buying a brand new (or under 5 year) car with my 11.50$/hr wage.

Fuck no, let me buy my shitbox toyota leave me alone
>>
File: 1489188340156.jpg (87KB, 720x558px) Image search: [Google]
1489188340156.jpg
87KB, 720x558px
>>16811766
>only 2 accidents so far
>can avoid retards
ah okay so you know when someone is gonna blow through a stop sign or red light? Damn son you should make sure to get a car with airbags you're gonna need it
>>
>>16811766
That's nothing to brag about. Your shit. Get a Honda faggot
>>
>annoying parents
i accidentally mentioned that i had a fever the other day and now shes texting me symptoms of the mumps and thinks i should get checked out
>>
>>16811052
What? Antilag isn't expensive. You remap for a mild system. Beyond that there isn't much work either. Small change when prepping a car for rally.

Besides lag isn't really an issue anyway with modern boost controllers, turbos and proper sizing.
>>
>>16811028

>20
>complaining about "retard" parents

no timmy, you are the retard. They're legitimately concerned for you. The only reason your mum shut up about it is because she's disappointed and exhausted over how difficult and dense you are.

oh aussie, right lul
>>
>>16811766

>only 2 accidents

HAHAHAHAHAHA, thats some top level delusion you've got there. Everything about you and your posts makes me think you're just some dumb bogan
>>
>Celica
>Sports car
>P's
>Had two accidents in a parking lot
>Fucking Rally

Nothing personal kid, but you sound like a special snowflake. Also because I am from Aus as well, don't fucking bump into my audi when you try to park your POS.
>>
>mom knows her son needs fifty airbags in his car because he's a retard
>FUCK YOU MOM
>>
>>16811028
Do you know which 3S-GE you want?
>>
$3000 Civic
>>
>be me
>18 year old Australian
>work shitty part time job at Coles for 3 years
>save up enough money to cover 70% of the cost of an R34
>want to buy a coupe R34 from a private seller
>parents make me buy it from a dealership for "trustworthy-ness"
>reasoning is because they're paying 20% of the price
>end up getting a 4-door R34

I really wanted a coupe. It's not like I have any friends to fill up the back seats with.

Oh well.
>>
>>16811028
>mom wants her son to be safe
>HURR DURR DUM BITCH
>>
>>16811038
>i would get a GT-Four but thats impossible on a P plater's licence
no? the st185 gt4 is perfectly legal for p platers
>>
>>16814268
>parents make me buy it from a dealership for "trustworthy-ness"
did you not show them the countless news articles of parramatta road import dealers?
>>
>Be me
stopped fucking reading right there because who the fuck else would you be, you faggot redditor piece of shit
>>
>>16811028
>anyone ever get retard parents like this?

Sometimes I've had bad experiences with retarded parents, but I'm always wise enough to save my receipt. If you keep the receipt and document the issues you're having, then the Parent Store should have no choice but to accept your trade-in and give you parents of equal value.

Have you considered upgrading to an import luxury-class parent set? I don't know how financing is in Australia, given typical costs there, but you may be able to swing a decent interest rate on a loan.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.