[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New car being delivered on Wednesday, and won't have any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_4827.jpg (86KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4827.jpg
86KB, 720x540px
New car being delivered on Wednesday, and won't have any time in it before making a 2 hour drive home

Anything I should do/check first? It will be my first time driving an auto also
>>
>>16807709
Check for plastic covering on any engine bay parts, and when driving an auto put the transmission in "D" mode, not d3/2/1. Then you use the "gas" pedal to go faster and the "brake" pedal to slow down. Use your right foot to brake and left to accelerate.
>>
>>16807748
not OP but whats the D3/2/1 for anyway?
>>
>>16807755
When towing or on snow/ice it'll keep you it won't shift past 1st/2nd/3rd gear respectively since in those situations leaving it in D will range between bad/zero traction and killing your transmission.
>>
>>16807769
>killing your transmission.
Also engine.
>>
>>16807769
>it'll keep you it won't shift past 1st/2nd/3rd gear respectively
It won't shift past the gears from what you have it set it in* I really need sleep.
>>
>>16807748
one foot only
>>16807709
how autotragic
although you did say it was your first
just put the car in "d" and it'll do it for you.
>>
>>16807709
>buying a modern car
>buying an auto tragic
Shiggy diggy
>>
>>16807829
>>16807912
I do a lot of driving for work, lots of spending time in rush hour traffic
Looking forward to it for that
>>
>>16807829
>>16807912
To be fair if he's going FROM manual to auto then he's not just a retard who can't into manual. I'm a manualfag and traffic is fine, but if my entire commute was crawling at 2mph in traffic I'd also go auto
>>
>>16807829
>>
File: RaceQueen_Kazami.jpg (214KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RaceQueen_Kazami.jpg
214KB, 720x1080px
>>16807709
>New car being delivered on Wednesday, and won't have any time in it before making a 2 hour drive home
When you drive it the TWO hours going home, be sure to use different speeds. New engines should not be extensively run at the same speed during the first 500 miles.

I looked over my car owner manual when I first got my GM car, and it said not to run the car at one set speed during the first 500 miles. You can verify it yourself right now without the car in your hands. DOWNLOAD your owner's manual from your manufacturer's website. It should be free of charge like mine. You can then read through all the info for taking possession of the new car.

So, when you drive home, you might try driving some side roads at slower speeds along with the freeway. Look over the map on the way home and check for side roads. It will take longer than 2 hours, but at least you will have satisfied the new car usage recommendation.
>>
>>16807912
>buying a modern car
>buying an auto tragic
Both are positive features in stop and go traffic as well as the other type of annoying freeway traffic that is slow down, speed up, slow down, speed up.
>>
File: RaceQueen_Kazami2.jpg (256KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
RaceQueen_Kazami2.jpg
256KB, 800x1200px
>>16807709
>Anything I should do/check first?
Make sure you have insurance papers and other items for it. Not just in the car, but also in your wallet. Your insurance company should let you have online access to print out copies of your proof of insurance.

You will want to gather up the basic items a car might have on board such as an air pump. A good place to check for a list of items is one of the previous /o/ threads on topics like "what do I have in the car besides a first aid kit?"

http://archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/16642612/

Your new car should also be vacuumed by you and rubber floor mats put in starting on day one. That will not only keep your carpet pristine, it prevents dirt particles from dropping thru the carpet weave onto the metal floor of the car itself.
>>
>>16807709
>Anything I should do/check first?
At least you don't need to get any air fresheners for the first month since you have the "New Car Smell".
>>
>>16807709
>It will be my first time driving an auto also
Nice. You have part of the American Dream right there with your first car being New and your first driving also being in a new car.

The greatest chance of accident, in my opinion, is your situation since you are either distracted by paying attention to the car's internals (gauges, music, using the touch screen, low visibility, etc) or getting into indecision. Don't get close to other cars in front of you. And be prepared in case people try to brake check you.

Importantly, don't take other drivers for granted. Just because they seem to be turning at the intersection doesn't mean they will do it. So if you let your car keep moving forward with the expectation they will be out of your way by the time your car reaches that point, it might not be true. There are terrible drivers that might stomp their brakes in indecision of deciding to go straight or turn right.

And DO NOT follow other cars while in their blind spot. That means don't be like a dog following the owner in a "heel" position. When other cars don't see you, they may suddenly swerve in front of you. BANG, you just rear ended them and are guilty even though it really was their fault.
>>
>>16815588
New glue smell.
>>
File: [Abgrund] Prunus Girl.jpg (270KB, 1124x1599px) Image search: [Google]
[Abgrund] Prunus Girl.jpg
270KB, 1124x1599px
>>16817409
Plasticizers is the main source of odor in new cars. It's used to increase the flexibility or durability of stiff polymers (plastics). In some cases, large amounts are used between the sheets of polymer chains as in PVC. However, some polymers such as polyester used to make clothing and pantsu don't require plasticizers.

For example, you may loosely think of water as the plasticizer agent in mud. The problem with plasticizers is that they can migrate into food or other materials touching the plastic. For example, the plasticizer agent in PVC and some other plastics will migrate out of the plastic and attack the toner in photocopies. BPA and some other plastics can leach into water especially in warm environments.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasticizer
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.