[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buddy at work has a 99 F150 with 230k on it he's consisting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

Buddy at work has a 99 F150 with 230k on it he's consisting selling to me for $1000 that is mostly highway miles. Generally speaking he maintains his vehicles well. Worth it?
>>
>>16798844
I have a 97 with about the same miles.
Its blown out a few spark plugs. All 4 wheel bearings failed at once.
4x4 only works when it wants.
CEL is always on for many reason

Its a pile.
>>
>>16798844
No. It's gotta be in shit condition for that price or its a base model. Do something better with the money or just save it.
>>
nah man if he's constantly trying to sell it to you then somethings wrong and he doesn't want that problem on his hands
>>
>>16798844
Vehicles you should never buy:
>2nd gen Ram 1500
>10th gen F150
>11th gen F150
>>
File: 1483933574686.jpg (114KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1483933574686.jpg
114KB, 1200x900px
D
O
N
T

>TFW I ignored /o/ about buying my brother in laws maxima, and now my sister won't talk to me any more while he's around because she got mad I yelled at him
>>
File: 1448168119275.png (519KB, 762x647px) Image search: [Google]
1448168119275.png
519KB, 762x647px
Hijacking this thread.

Are 9th gen F150s good trucks? I really love the look of them and want to get one.
>>
>>16798844
4.6l or 5.4?
The 4.6 is more reliable and doesn't have any problems with spark plugs
>>
>>16798844
4.6 2WD are highly reliable as are 5.4. I have two 1997s with 4.6s and worked on many more at a used car lot where we built 'em from wrecks.

My 2000 4.2 did what 4.2s do and hydrolocked but rest of truck was flawless to 220K. 4.6 2WDs rountinely go well over 300K.

If it's a 4.6 or 5.4 2WD, I'd give a grand for one, change fluids and drive the shit out of it.. 4.2? Pass.

They are easy to work on and aftermarket parts are very plentiful.

They don't kill fuel pumps like GM, but I always remove, anti-seize and reinstall all my bed bolts when I buy a used truck. It's so much easier if you have to do a fuel pump later.
>>
I had issues with the plastic concentric slave cylinder on my '02 4.2l failing a couple of times, but ford released an updated one in 07 or 08 that fixed the issue. I sold the truck in '10 with 130k for an '03 5.4l that I still have with 220k and no major issues.
>>
Have a 02 with the 5.4l. 307k miles. Blew 2 plugs cause we neglected the ticking noise that sounded like an exhaust leak but turns out it was the plugs slowly undoing itself. One needed to be helicoiled with the special kit the other we cross threaded with a new oem plug since we were in the middle of nowhere and its in their till the engine gives which may not be for a while considering it still has 160+ on all cylinders. My truck however has the 7700 package which is built for our work and is more of a f250ld
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.