[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the hardest repair you've ever done? Just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_2017-02-09-11-37-20.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-09-11-37-20.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
What's the hardest repair you've ever done?

Just replaced my ball joints and it took forever. I started at 2:30 today and just finished at 10:00 PM. But it fixed creaking and wobbling problems so whatever.
>pic related

Tie between that and spark plugs on a v8 Northstar engine. Never again will I own a cadillac.
>>
Rear wheel bearing on a 2000 Subaru Forester.

Fuck that shit
>>
>>16798463
I almost tried to take that off once to get the rust off... but then I tried to find a tutorial on YouTube. The job is a whole lotta nope. Mad respect to Chrisfix for taking the time to make a video on that though.
>>
Worst I've finished: PCV valve.

Currently about 1/3 of the way through replacing some exhaust valves.
>>
>>16798437
Front sway bushings on a mazdaspeed 3, didn't want to drop any subframe bits so I went on feel alone. It was awful.
But the rears only took a few minutes.
>>
File: 20160616_172328.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160616_172328.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>16798437
Optispark/waterpump/rad on an LT1 Firebird.
Took me a whole day. Shit was messy.
>>
>>16798437
cleaning puke stains after trying to get a drunk bitch to give me a blowjob while driving
>>
>>16798437
Remove a broken bolt in a block
>>
File: IMG_20160314_174339.jpg (1MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160314_174339.jpg
1MB, 4160x2340px
>>16798437
Headgaskets on my stupidru
>>
>>16798493
HEY GUYYYYSSSSS CHRISFIX HERE
>>
Headgasket and valves
>>
valve cover gaskets. fuckin back still hurts
>>
>>16798437
fixing a burnt valve in my truck. so much fucking SHIT you have to get around just to get the head off. the physically hardest was probably installing some lift leaf springs on my truck. solid axles are heavy. a 14b must suck huge balls to work on.
>>
>>16798437
Doing a clutch on a 98 s10 with a 2.2l later today, am I in for pain?
>>
>>16798437
i did turbo inlets on a 335i

never again. Wouldnt even remove them to sell them
>>
>>16799042
Fuck any long (time consuming) engine bay work. That damn half stoop position i have to do sets my lower back on fire
>>
i put interior lights in my nissan sentra 2013 and it took me 7 hours.

3 of which was spent driving back and forth to autozone 4 times (literally) because i didn't have the tools i needed for the long ass screw they put on the battery cage

>yes i have autism
>>
Transmission filter on my suburban. GODDAMN IT GM WHY DO YOU HAVE TO PUT TORX BOLTS ON TOP OF THESE CLIP FOR THE SHIFT LINKAGE. I stripped those bolts so I had to bend the Damn thing out of the way, but it wouldn't bend enough to drop the pan because the drive shaft was in the way.
>>
My worst one wasn't on a car, but on a boat with a Volvo Penta engine in it. The starter died. It's on the underside of the engine, which is set low in the back of the boat. Your choices for getting the thing off were either pulling the engine completely, or getting shoulder deep in the bilge, doing the work blind, and praying to anything that you thought would help you not drop the ratchet in a spot where you couldn't get it back. The first time we did it, it took my father and I 8 hours of cursing, screaming, and generally making nuisances of ourselves. The second and third time it only took 4 hours.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.