[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

alright /o/ here's the deal i have a 1988 mk1 mr2, i love

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: AW11-MR2-9.jpg (115KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
AW11-MR2-9.jpg
115KB, 800x533px
alright /o/ here's the deal

i have a 1988 mk1 mr2, i love this thing but it's slow as shit. im up to my ass in research to make this thing faster, i really wanna turbo it. i'm planning on getting a t25 turbo and supra injectors but as i look at headers and the engine bay, i'm wondering how the fuck am i gonna pull this off. like where the fuck am i gonna put an air/air intercooler, but if i go air/water how difficult is that shit. i dont even wanna push more than 200hp, i just want to go fast. so how can i catch the 4agte unicorn /o/?
>>
>>16790663
Put the intercooler in the factory location moron.
>>
>>16790703
wow i didn't know n/a's had intercoolers
>>
>>16790663
try google once in a while
http://www.mr2.com/forums/threads/91433-4agte-Build
>>
>>16790839
Superchargers had intercoolers you stupid fuck.
If you didnt know that, you dont know how to turbo a car.
Kys
>>
>>16790663
Try this, it worked great for me:

>sell car
>puts car + parts money together
>just buys fast car

I went from a 0-60mph in 4.7 down to 3.6 with this trick.
>>
>>16790663
I have a trunk mounted intercooler for my AW11. It takes quite a bit of planning and fabrication but it worked wonders because the stock intercooler that came with the AW11 was pretty trash.

You didn't specify but I'm assuming you have the 4AGZE block and not the regular 4AGE. If that's the case you can reach 200hp easily because the internals for the Z class engine were nicely overbuilt by Toyota as a stock unit and can take a lot of abuse.
>>
>>16790663
4age 20v swap
na tune to 200, or turbo that.
a log manifold is less efficient but should give you more space than a tubular one
>>16791858
trunk mount ic is the way to go, probably bottom of the engine bay but would require ducting and making a grille to save from scooping rocks. or front mount, but the lag might be annoying
>>
>>16791515
*yawn*
>>
File: 1449776490211472679[1].jpg (68KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1449776490211472679[1].jpg
68KB, 800x450px
>>
>>16790663
Air to water is how almost all of the modified SW20 Turbos work. The systems aren't that complex and they give you much greater flexibility.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.