[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone here have a car related job that they deal with different

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: valet.jpg (1MB, 4976x2800px)
valet.jpg
1MB, 4976x2800px
anyone here have a car related job that they deal with different cars? Valet, salesman, mechanic, etc? i valet part time while going to uni, and wanted to hear from others experiences. things they love/hate, cool jobs/shit jobs, whatever.

personally think valeting is cool as a side gig for younger guys. get paid to drive in some nice cars. most of the people i work with are bros who are also obsessed with cars, imagine a few are even browse o. thing i hate about it is driving thousands of disgusting shitboxes. some of the conditions of peoples cars are absolutely baffling
>>
I used to park UPS trucks, there were a few different sizes as well as the 24' box trucks
>tfw trying to start a 20-30 year old diesel step van on a 14ish F night
>>
>>16786056
are those things manual?
>>
>>16786076
Some are. Transmission as well as fuel type vary from truck to truck even within certain sized. None of it is standardised. You could get a small gas v8 manual truck and have a great job and the next week be reassigned to a huge propane automatic garbage truck.

>former ups driver
>>
>>16786076
Some of the older vans were manual, but the majority of newer vans were automatic. Was always kinda funny rowing through gears with the meter long shifter.
>>
I am a "driver" for EAN (Enterprise Alamo national) where I shuttle cars around the airport terminal. Sucks. Used to be ok, but new boss has fucked everything up. Transferring out soon tho
>>
delivering pizza sucks because everyone buys generic pizza. teens, drunk people, and big parties. then delivering chinese food is a bit better. being polite will get u tips. dont ring the doorbell constantly. looking for apartments sucks ass.

then i did medications to retirement homes 200 miles from your home. i put 30k miles in a few months on your own car but i recommend having a prius. u get paid by the miles or for each stop. old people can be so slow. patients are heavily dosed up on pain medications. it is mostly what i deliver. and you get a bigger pay delivering medical supplies if you have a truck/ van. like 15/hr and gas. gas in CA at 4 or 5$ at one point.

valet parking jobs is so much more chill. my job blows.
>>
>>16786036
I mean I had a job doing stuff in cars for a while but I wouldn't say the job was about the cars really. Although I did get to learn how to work stick.
>>
I work in an office but travel with a hirecar about monthly. Nothing exciting but it does mean that I get to try out all the new shitboxes.

Current model Corolla was surprisingly fun to throw around the corners.
>>
>>16786163
requirements to deliver medications? sounds fun desu.
>>
Towing
>>
>>16789146
how is that? mostly tow cars that are illegally parked, or teenages who wreck bmws/mustangs their parents bought them? ever had to tow some douches ferrari who parked in a handicap spot or something?
>>
>>16789246

I used to do that. Good times.

Now I just do roadside assistance or police calls (wrecks, people getting DUIs/arrested). Those are fun you see a lot of crazy fucked up wrecks and get to fix it.

It's not the worst. Where I live people are stupid rich so I deal with a lot of high end cars. Bentleys, Rolls Royce, Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari, Jaguar, etc then a lot of weird shit like boats, construction equipment, toolboxes. If it fits on the truck it ships.

The hours are shit though. You'll be a slave to the phone at damn near all hours. My co workers are all lazy degenerates who never show up and are retarded so they end up calling me to unfuck everything and figure shit out. Except the one Russian guy, he's cool.
You also only get paid on commission so if you're not doing anything you make no money.

Don't even need a CDL if all you're doing is light duty stuff. All on the job training.
>>
Bodyshop/garage for my friends lel.

Love bringing live to cars, hate people who don't take care of their shit

Get to drop off cars to clients if they really need it . My favorite account is with a lawyer family in west la as they have a few sexy Benz and need work every couple months .

Pic related my friends 280 (doing bushings , springs + wheels, as well as intercooler and what not) and a 69 charger project thatll be sprayed in bmw sakhir orange
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>16789380
Forgot the fucking picture reeee
>>
File: rubber.jpg (189KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rubber.jpg
189KB, 1920x1080px
I've been working at a used car dealership for about 3 years now. I'm a driver/salesman/everything in-between. I've driven over 1,000 different cars, I love my job, I get to drive all types of cars. From ultra shit-boxes to nice sports and luxury cars. I get paid $100 a day cash 10-11 hours mon-sat 7hrs on sun. Also my dad is the owner so i get to fuck around 25% of the time. Besides the mental abuse from my dad my job is a B-
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.