[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm driving to Florida from Michigan in two weeks. Is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1354514768251.jpg (95KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1354514768251.jpg
95KB, 640x480px
So I'm driving to Florida from Michigan in two weeks. Is there anything I can do to take advantage of the 17 hours of runtime and get the car running better? I've got new plugs and I'm doing an oil change beforehand, and I plan on running Lucas fuel cleaner for the entire trip. I'll also be towing a trailer, if that means anything.
>>
File: 1449425821550.gif (3MB, 300x236px) Image search: [Google]
1449425821550.gif
3MB, 300x236px
>>16771168
>Lucas
>not seafoam
>>
>>16771168
Brake fluid flush to firm up your brakes
Coolant check for looks ect
Engine leaks
Ac if you need it
Check all belts
Bring spare serpentine belts
Check tire pressure
Fill up spare tire to spec with air
Check all lights
And have fun
Id run 89 octane if you normally run regular because youre adding in addatives and its better for the engine
>>
>>16771168
Please don't run any meme snake oil in your car. Gasoline has detergents that are specifically formulated to keep your fuel system running well.
>>
>>16771216
>its all snake oil maymay
go to bed boomer, not all gas is created equal.
>>
>>16771216
Its just petroleum that cleans injectors and carbon build up
Probably improve his mpg on the trip
>>
Don't do the Lucas fuel cleaner. Just run 93 octane. Also run some seafoam through the intake, a long 17 hour drive after a good seafoam will help break up carbon deposits, especially if your car is over 130k miles.
>>
Carson?
>>
>>16771276
>burning even more hydrocarbons to remove carbon

Makes no fucking sense. Removing carbon deposits would require the introduction of non compressible matter or I regularly high combustion temperatures. Carbon deposits aren't even a real problem on a good running engine and are indicative of either over fueling or weak spark.

>>16771256
You're the kind of retard that pays $50 to get your tires inflated with nitrogen.
>>
>>16771276
So is Seafoam really that much better than the Lucas? I heard it really isn't made for modern engines and is better for a two stroke.

>>16771397
My car has about 135k miles on it. I figured with the 17 hours of runtime, I could flush my car of all the sludge in the system. I'm probably going to do an oil change right when I get down there too; is there any oil additive that'll help with this?

>>16771214
How do I have fun?
>>
>>16772776
What makes you believe your engine is burdened with "sludge"? Gasoline burns relatively cleanly in a well running engine. A few upper rpm high load pulls should be all you ever need to do in order to rid your combustion chamber of carbon deposits. I've torn diesel engines down with 1+ million miles and aside from egr bullshit sooting up the intake it's rare that I find any meaningful carbon deposits inside the combustion chamber. Keep in mind diesel doesn't even burn as cleanly as gas.
>>
File: z-max.jpg (7KB, 193x250px) Image search: [Google]
z-max.jpg
7KB, 193x250px
>>
>>16771168
detail interior
replace cabin air filter
get a k&n air filter
new sparkle plugs
give it a good wash
clean the throttle body
93 octane fuel
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.