[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have an '12 equinox with 60k miles that we bought when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

I have an '12 equinox with 60k miles that we bought when we found out my wife was pregnant with our first kid. I sold a bulletproof honda civic with over 100k having cost me nothing but pads and rotors once and a set of tires or two.

fast forward a year and a half and this shit equinox with just over half the mileage is costing thousands of dollars for anything from power steering pump to back hatch hydraulics to front driverside window wont operate anymore.

We obviously are prioritizing what gets fixed first and as of this last few weeks we have been noticing and increasing chattering coming from the front passenger side wheel well.

This is what i can tell
>metallic chattering or tinking
>right side
>only starts when im doing sweeping right turns(the car is decompressing the right side suspension)
>scales linearly with speed, not revs
>will stop after a while when the car straightens out.

I dont have a great amount of trust in the mechanics around here to not rip me off so i want to bring it in knowing as much as i can.

TLDR; cars a piece of shit, green text is symptoms.
>>
>>16768868
cv joints. need new front axles

>buying gm
>having kids
>getting rid of a civic
mistakes were made
>>
>>16769322
agreed
>>
>>16769322
this post must be a lie, why would you spend money when you have a kid on buying a significantly less reliable vehicle?
>>
>>16769322
this and a half, you should really reevaluate your life OP
>>
>>16768868
there is no point in trying to fix a vehicle that is already older than its intended service life. a 6 year old GM econobox is meant for the scrapyard.
>>
>>16769351
>2012 equinox
>it's only 2017
nigga wat
>>
>>16769393
>doesn't know the difference between model year and production year
>>
The civic was a fantastic car, but it was a coup and getting a small monster out of the back seat and back into it and in a carseat is a nightmare. The idea was to get a larger safer even if less reliable and just eat the tradeoff. Turns out if the front end is going to fall off then it isnt even safer.
>>
Sell the shitquinox and buy an accord sedan you fucking dip
>>
>>16768868
>falling for the I have 1.4 children now so I need a fuckhuge crossover meme
KEK! Never involve women in financial decisions.
>>
>>16768868
OP check the drivers door
Tell me which plant made it

>Oshawa
or
>CAMI ingersoll
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.