[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What killed the Personal Luxury Car? I loved them. If you've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 72 gran torino.jpg (106KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
72 gran torino.jpg
106KB, 1000x750px
What killed the Personal Luxury Car? I loved them. If you've ever driven one, you know how awesome they were. Stylish, big, roomy, comfortable, powerful, every option imaginable as standard equipment.

It's been 10 years since Chevy made the Monte Carlo, which was the last hanger-on. Now we have nothing buy but boring generic 4 door econo-boxes.

Bring back the 2 doors. People who know miss them.
>>
>>16768660

Everybody got poor except for the 1% of people who already had money in the first place.
>>
>>16768660
Luxury SUV's

Essentially, people just have bad taste now. I blame urban rap culture for this.
>>
>>16768660
The W-body Monte Carlo was anything but personal or luxury.

Basically, the late domestic mid to full size two door cars became associated with trailer parks and shit tier white people driving the ugly "eliminator special Daytona dale junior #3 edition" Monte Carlo with the garbage 3800II or shitty unreliable eldorado. That nobody with money to buy new wanted to associate with a car that screams "I won my workmanship comp suit and settled for a lump sum payment ".

Now the trash all go for big $60k trucks that they think make them look like they contribute to our decaying society.
>>
File: 189467546189.jpg (8KB, 334x151px) Image search: [Google]
189467546189.jpg
8KB, 334x151px
>>16768660
>What killed the Personal Luxury Car?

Nothing killed the personal luxury coupe. The 6-Series and S-Class coupe are still around and Lexus will be releasing the LC soon. It's just that PLCs have always been a niche market.
>>
>>16768710
>that grille
what the fuck?
>>
The gap between rich and poor increased.
The middle ground that bought large domestics now aspire to be higher class and buy yuropean ""luxury''''
>>
Personal "luxury" cars were pretend-luxury cars for the average person that derived their comfort solely from wheelbase, weight and soft suspension. When the downsizing hit Detroit couldn't engineer a smaller "luxury" car to save their lives, and everyone whould afford actual luxury cars simply switched to superior foreign offerings. Stayed that way since.
>>
>>16768660
>What killed the Personal Luxury Car?
Themselves basically.

What they were was an attempt by people to look richer than they were by having a completely impractical car for anything but shuttling one person around. The wonder is that the market for them lasted so long before being overtaken by SUV's that are also an attempt at appearing wealthy but are at least more practical for daily life in a family than a PLC. >>16768710
>It's just that PLCs have always been a niche market.
No they weren't. They should have been but instead they basically ruled the automotive world from roughly '75 to '85. Your examples are merely a pale shadow of how popular PLC's used to be.
>>
>>16768660
I hate how modern muscle cars have massive c pillars. I wish they looked more like ops pic. Ahh the good old days
>>
File: I'm ok with this.png (45KB, 379x214px) Image search: [Google]
I'm ok with this.png
45KB, 379x214px
>>16768902
>derived their comfort solely from wheelbase, weight and soft suspension.

You say this as if that's somehow a bad thing. Have you ever driven one? If you had, you'd know how awesome that combination was.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.