[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for a car in Cali and smog is a thing. Curious /o/,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 1993-ford-mustang-lx-front-view.jpg (44KB, 650x425px) Image search: [Google]
1993-ford-mustang-lx-front-view.jpg
44KB, 650x425px
Looking for a car in Cali and smog is a thing.

Curious /o/, what is the process behind cheating smog and what's the going rate in your area?
>>
>move out of shithole state
>???
>Profit!
>>
>living in Cali
Just move over here to Colorado, especially if you're not a commie. We have togues galore and fun shit to do.

p-please we're being overrun by commies ;-;
>>
Your a cop. Not telling
>>
>>16767117

Just curious

What I've heard- they hold your car until a similar model comes and pass it from that somehow? So you have to leave your car and it may be moved somewhere. Cost $2-300.
>>
>>16766863

Plan on leaving one day m8 but kinda planted cause a job.
>>
This feels like a fishing expedition, I'm on to you OP
>>
>>16766281

I ask cause there so many foxbodies but so many won't pass smog :(
>>
>>16767183

Nah m8 just curious. I don't see how general info on the practice could be traced back to someone. There's a smog shop on every corner pretty sure it's wildly practiced.
>>
>>16767193
Meh, I guess if you were asking about passing inspection (buying stickers) then that would be something
>>
even with all the garabge smog shit you have to go through California still is the best state to live in

can't beat the weather.
>>
>>16766281
unless your best friend is a smog tech, it isn't happening. they are not going to risk their job over what you may offer.
>>
>>16767209

Just getting a sticker wouldn't register the car though. Gotta keep it registered or back fees follow the vehicle.
>>
>>16767245

It's definitely a thing.
>>
File: 1488126078088.png (98KB, 828x828px) Image search: [Google]
1488126078088.png
98KB, 828x828px
>>16767215
ahahahahahha

California is flooded with illegals

fucking Spanish everywhere

high as fuck taxes left and right

no guns

no fun car mods allowed

liberal faggots EVERYWHERE

it's a shitshow at this point
>>
>>16767277

>California is flooded with illegals
Not and argument

>fucking Spanish everywhere
Not an argument

>high as fuck taxes left and right
Not an argument

>no guns
False

>no fun car mods allowed
Unless you get you get someone to pass your smog on the low, hence the thread fgt

>liberal faggots EVERYWHERE
Not an argument

>it's a shitshow at this point
tfw some of best driving roads all time within 10min
>>
>>16767277
Illegals are everywhere
Nothing wrong there if they're good people
Stop being poor
Not true, know many people with guns
Biggest car scenes in the US are in cali, best roads are here
True but that can apply almost everywhere and not a deterrent unless you're beta
>>
I pay $180 and don't have to take my car anywhere
>>
>>16766281
No emissions here, you could literally register and drive a barn wagon with a briggs and stratton motor if you wanted
>>
>>16766281
>>16767184
You need to pass smog with a vehicle that old? I thought that after 20 or whatever years cars are no longer required to pass smog?
>>
>>16766281
Nice try EPA
>>
>>16767312
>not an argument

All of those were arguments. get you head checked.
>>
It's becoming harder to find someone to pass smog for you, but isn't that difficult. You really just gotta talk to people. I know around 3-4 different places, where as long as someone vouched for you beforehand, should take care of it. Star testing too. I've paid anywhere between 150-250 for my previous versions. Definitely worth it. My car is getting long tubes soon, and just the time of taking them off, still spending $50 to test, then putting them back on is worth the extra cost to me. Hopefully getting a cam/headwork also so at that point no choice but to go illegal.
>>
>>16766863

But Colorado has smog inspections too...
>>
>>16767863
everything newer than 1975 needs to pass smog.
>>
>>16767868
He meant he's not arguing with those points.

And yes, it did take me a minute to figure that out so you're not alone.
>>
That fucking sucks, is there a year where you don't need emissions?

I bought a car that didn't have a catalytic converter in WA (which is turning into CA law) but its an '86 so it doesn't need emissions
>>
>>16769689
Pre 1975 is smog exempt.
>>
>>16766863
FUCK OFF, WE'RE FULL
>>
File: 1993_NX001.jpg (159KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1993_NX001.jpg
159KB, 1024x768px
here in illinois this is how we drive a fox mustang.
im pretty sure it might not pass smog in cali
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.