[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/ need advice... Was driving my Camaro tonight and it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: rotor.jpg (85KB, 561x960px) Image search: [Google]
rotor.jpg
85KB, 561x960px
Hey /o/ need advice...

Was driving my Camaro tonight and it died while driving, I got it off the road and tried to start it, clicking. Battery seemed dead. Got it jumped and it indeed started, and seems to be fine, alternator seems to be working as I can start it again and again after letting it run for a while but it's not running right. Seems to be misfiring now and stinks of exhaust, which would normally lead me to believe it's a simple coil/spark misfire but I just replaced all the coil packs, plugs, and wires ~20k miles ago. Any clues? Why would it just die like that even with a dead battery? I was down shifting from 4th to 3rd coming up to a light when it died.

Too dark now to really do or see anything. Advice? Gonna just check plugs and wires and all tomorrow and go from there I suppose. Thanks.

Pic not related.
>>
Year of Camaro, engine and miles?
>>
>>16766230
V6, 98, ~142k miles. Transmission replaced at ~100k miles, just about everything maintained above and beyond. Oil every 3k miles.
>>
File: 1352324550229.jpg (50KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1352324550229.jpg
50KB, 500x667px
shameless bump
>>
>>16766226
i'm retarded but maybe timing skipped a tooth? check belt/chain
>>
the problem is it's an American car
>>
>>16766432
haha well said, us 4channers huh!
>>
>>16766418
Serpentine belt was just replaced last weekend, it's on track. No chain.

>>16766432
lol?
>>
>>16766255
Could be you're not getting fuel, check pump/filter.
Could be injectors as well (?) Take out a spark plug, make sure the ends not fouled up.
Could also be a very serious vacuum leak (?)
I'd test compression in each cylinder as well.

Are you throwing a CEL? Vato zone will check it for free if you are.

I had a Mustang that did the same shit turned out to be a dying fuel pump. And i bought an el camino with comparable issues that turned out to be vacuum leaks. (Previous owner yanked out all the evap shit improperly.)

But I don't really know shit, just used Google/chilton and gradually narrowed shit down
>>
>>16766470
>Serpentine belt was just replaced last weekend
There's your problem. Something wrong with the replacement
>>
>>16766480
I had a CEL before the issue, it was an EVAP code that was supposedly being put out due to the seal on my gas cap being eroded away. I ordered a new cap online it's just not here yet. I replaced the EVAP solenoid recently, though obviously could be a vacuum leak. I'll have to look for that in the daylight in the morning.

>>16766489
Yeah that was 2000 miles ago though so no, really don't think so.
>>
File: received_10152699609097792.jpg (140KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
received_10152699609097792.jpg
140KB, 960x720px
Sounds like a loose connection. Battery connection maybe, loose terminal. Also, the alternator hot wire likes to ground out on the power steering lines sometimes when the engine is under a load (on the ls1 equipped models anyway, not sure of alternator placement on the v6 cars) you may check and make sure the rubber alt wire boot is still covering the wire and terminal.
My fuel pump went out and it would still turn over, it just wouldn't fire, it also took multiple tries to start it when it was dying.
>>
>>16766528
I have a complete sound system hookup with amp and subs. I'm probably gonna buy a new battery tomorrow anyway due to this one being shit. I'll check the alternator ground too, thanks a ton.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.