[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are grit guards a meme? I don't understand how dirt stays

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: blue-grit-guard-600_517.jpg (77KB, 600x517px) Image search: [Google]
blue-grit-guard-600_517.jpg
77KB, 600x517px
Are grit guards a meme?

I don't understand how dirt stays at the bottom when they have holes. wouldn't it just float back to the top?
>>
>>16764648
Yes, just rice wash mitt with water hose at high pressure. Smack it a few times on your hand and rinse and all good
>>
>>16764648
Most dirt that would be abrasive to the paint is heavier than water...
>>
>>16764648
Yep, industry standard meme.
>>
Is ChrisFix a grit guard shill?
>>
>>16764819
It's all rumours and lies, spread by big Water-bucket and it's lobbyists. They want you to buy the extra grit guard so that your grit stays in your buckets, and you don't know how to get it out. That way, you have to buy another bucket, and another wash system.

It's all a scam.
>>
Who actually dips their wash mitts all the way at the bottom of the bucket to collect the dirt and debris?
>>
>cleaning car
>slosh rag into bucket of soap and suds
>all the small stones and grit get jostled
>they are now swirling all throughout the bucket
>grit gaurd does nothing to stop this
>20$ well spent
>make sure you buy 2
>one for each bucket
>gotta have 2 buckets
>make sure you are outside where all the dust dirt and pollen is when you wash
>>
>>16765032
Where else would you wash it? In the garage? It'd ruin the carpet, moron.
>>
>>16765032

its not a perfect valve that rejects all agitation.

its just a baffle, and yes it is effective compared to nothing.

It lets you swish the mit/sponge pretty vigorously (to get crap out of it) in the top part of a full bucket without letting too much silt kick above the guard, but if you stir it with the intention of getting it past the guard, you will.
>>
File: 1487288258774.png (67KB, 224x219px) Image search: [Google]
1487288258774.png
67KB, 224x219px
>>16765076
>garage
>carpet
>>
Is it bad to wash a car in negative temperatures?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>16765307

the water gets a little stiff.
>>
>>16765326
It's called twitterpated, don't use adult language.
>>
>>16765006

Dunno, I thought these things were only used with floor mops.
>>
>>16765326
>he washes his car with hard water

distilled water master race
>>
File: buckettke.jpg (4KB, 286x176px) Image search: [Google]
buckettke.jpg
4KB, 286x176px
>>16765489
>not using african water to wash your car
pleb
>>
>>16764648
The serious users get two grit guards per bucket to get enough height from the bottom of the bucket. That avoids swirling up the dirt particles from the bottom of the bucket.

Or you can do it the better way because you hate having to walk back and forth to the bucket and then stoop to rinse off the dirt in the rinse bucket and get new soap from the soap bucket. I got an adjustable soap dispenser spray attachment for the garden hose. So I can switch it to have soapy water or clean rise water. I just wipe as I spray fresh soap solution. The constant stream of fresh water washes away most loosened grit and debris and I also frequently spray the mitt too. I use the soap dispenser spray attachment from harbor freight.
>>
>>16764648
>I don't understand how dirt stays at the bottom when they have holes

You are not to swirl the water at the bottom. The grit guard is not so much a surface for you to rub your mitt. It is there to reduce the amount of swirling currents that causes grit to rise up.
>>
>>16764723
How do you rice your wash mitt? Put a wing and a tow hook?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.