[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know where the tranismission/gearbox code will be located

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: HYUNDAI-AT.jpg (47KB, 400x451px) Image search: [Google]
HYUNDAI-AT.jpg
47KB, 400x451px
Anyone know where the tranismission/gearbox code will be located in my engine?

I need to get a new gearbox for my hyundai accent. But I don't know whether getting a second hand one from a different year hyundai will actually fit in my engine

so someone told me to find the "transmission code" on my gearbox and compare it to the one in the prospective gearbox, and if they match then it will fit

but I've been looking all through my engine and car to find the code

but I can't find it, and honestly I don't even know what I'm looking for

anyone know how or where I would find out where or what this code is?

and if this is even sound advice

basically there's a hyundai accent 1996, and another 1998 that are selling off parts, and both have the gearbox still

but I don' want to buy the fucking thing and have it not be able to fit in my car

any advice here (other than hopefully hurr korea shopping trolley poorfag etc). yes I know I'm poor and my car is shit. plz help thanks
>>
The cost of replacing it is more than the value of the car (there is absolutely 0 possibility you will manage to do it yourself with the way you are asking this question), even if you found a junk one. Time to push it into a lake and find a new car.
>>
1996 and 1998 use the same transmissions but have an automatic and manual option
>>
>being this helpless

what year is your pile of shit?
>>
>>16760172
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHW-fR8EcAc
>>
>>16760204
it's a 2000 hyundai accent

and yes I have no mechanical knowledge if it makes any difference I'm a 'uselss' woman and this is my first time on this board

should I evenbother replacing the trans? cost of a second hand one is around 200. but the labour costs are gonna be like 1 fucking thousand

my car is 17 years old, it has other problems like the locks dont work etc

should I just sell it on (my countrys version of) ebay Id get like 700 maybe as it's only done 70k kilometers

and I'd use that money combined with the couple hundred I've got (poorfag) and just get a low cost car?

What do I do here guys, my dad and brothers are useless and have no advice.

I wish I was a mechanic or a millionare, this bullshit has happened at the worse time as well I lost out on a job because of it
>>
>>16760201
where did you find out this info?

do you know about other years?
>>
>>16760959
>70k km
>busted transmission
wow. thats all i got to say about that.

>should I evenbother replacing the trans? cost of a second hand one is around 200. but the labour costs are gonna be like 1 fucking thousand

If you drop that cash another car you will just have another shitbox with its own problems. Honestly, I don't know your personal situation but I would look into a moped/scooter. If thats not an option just fix the transmission and GL.

Those parts cars use the same transmissions as your car. They have both auto and manual available, just make sure if you have an automatic to get an automatic. Or if you have a manual to get a manual.

>>16760969
wiki + car name
Usually it will give you the engine and transmissions options that were available for any generation of any car. Usually...
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.