[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I live in Europe and I never seen a car with automatic transmission,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

I live in Europe and I never seen a car with automatic transmission, are they worth getting?
>>
oh good another manual vs automatic thread, boy I wonder what new developments /o/ has made since the last thread 40 seconds ago.
>>
>>16759290
Depends actually. Both manual and automatic are bomblasted with memes
>>
for stop-start city driving they're excellent, after that it really comes down to personal preference, but some neckbeard basement dwellers here will try and tell you otherwise, despite not even knowing how to walk outdoors properly, let alone drive.
>>
No, they only make sense when you cruise along endless grids or freeways. In unpredictable curves and European city layouts they never shift when you want or need them to, which drives up your fuel consumption. Also due to generally smaller engines it's more important to make the best possible use of the narrower torque band. American cars don't give a shit, they make the same torque at any rpm while guzzling away on the fuel.
>>
>>16759290
>are they worth getting?
Generally, yes. Ultimately it depends on the car and what you plan on using it for.
>>
>>16759319
if you cruise along endless freeways then a manual is just as good as you dont need to shift
>>
>>16759330
I didn't say that manuals made no sense on freeways, I only said that autotragicals do. One statement doesn't oppose or exclude the other.
>>
Yeah man you can give your boyfriend a handjob while he goes down on you.
>>
File: r4d073222-5E-762x458 (1).jpg (322KB, 762x458px) Image search: [Google]
r4d073222-5E-762x458 (1).jpg
322KB, 762x458px
im from poland and ive never seen a car, are they worth getting over my tractor?
>>
Should you let a black man fuck your wife?

If your answer is yes, than yes, get an auto OP.
>>
>>16759349
..stop believing /pol's memes you knobhead
>>
>>16759348
im from mongoria and we still use horses, are these tractors worth getting over horses?
>>
File: 51121212121212121212121212121.jpg (10KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
51121212121212121212121212121.jpg
10KB, 275x183px
>>16759364
they are worth the purchase, it takes me everywhere and it helps me make bread
>>
It depends on what car we're talking, but generally all modern automatics are very nice unless they're DSG / S-Tronic VAG shit which will 100% break down (and before that they'll give you problems).

The top tier automatic gearbox w converter is the ZF 8HP but it's used mostly on premium brands, talking about dual clutch gearboxes the Alfa Romeo TCT is very similar to DSG (but it's realiable) then we have the Mercedes 7G tronic which also is realiable (but to me it's slower than the TCT), then we have the "assisted manuals" semi automatic like the Fiat Dualogic, which is ok and has the advantage of being cheap to buy and repair (it's good for city driving but definitely not sporty), then again we have the CVT gearboxes on Japanese cars wich are shit and finally the Toyota/Lexus hybrid cars with the PSD e-CVT gearboxes which on paper is the best gearbox possible, and it's true (just look at how it works, it's very fast and discrete), but when it comes to sporty driving it's...well, it's like driving a boat.

Personally I'd go for the ZF 8HP.
>>
>>16759306
First post is best post
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.