[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I thought newer cars were unibodies and couldn't have their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

I thought newer cars were unibodies and couldn't have their roofs cut off without completely fucking up the structural integrity? How does this work?
>>
yeah its not like they dont weld in an entirely new roof or nothing
>>
>>16758636
this boomer had too much cash.
Well spent imo
>>
>>16758636
That looks like an old mustang had an abortion

>>16758644
It doesn't look like they welded that roof on in the webm but I could be wrong
>>
>fake sidepipes to hide the massively call beltline
>functioning exhaust still in the back
>four inches of wheel arch extensions on each side because that's how fat the Mustang has become
>>
>>16758655
>blew money on a pseudo-classic abomination
>well spent
>>
>>16758675
Admit its a nice result and some skillfull body chop, i bet he gets all the milfs now.
>>
>>16758636
I kind of like it...
>>
>>16758660
How else would it be attached?
>>
File: 67FBCollage.jpg (86KB, 792x530px) Image search: [Google]
67FBCollage.jpg
86KB, 792x530px
>>16758660
yeah it looks fucking awful and I dont know how else they would do it

looks like they just cut off the stock body then went to town on one of these bodies
>>
>>16758636
By completely fucking up the structural integrity.
>>
File: ghost-gif.gif (3MB, 638x427px) Image search: [Google]
ghost-gif.gif
3MB, 638x427px
>>16758660
>It doesn't look like anyone worked on the car in the webm but i could be wrong
could ghosts have assembled it?
>>
>>16758714
Well, the way I saw it done with a Charger on the show about West Coast Customs was that they basically cut the body off a new car, bought an old car with a good body, then simply stuck the old body on the new chassis and then tweaked it to fit.
>>
>>16758636
That was an ebin webbum OP thanks
>>
File: qp34p_1.114.jpg (74KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
qp34p_1.114.jpg
74KB, 1000x1000px
>>16758714
I think they just used quarter panels, the inside frame of the original Mustang looks like it's still intact
>>
>>16758636
>the Mustang of Theseus
>>
>>16758636
The extra stands in the middle of the car are to stop the body flexing after the roof is removed, once the roof is reattached they are no longer needed. Even so it is kind of a cheap way to change the roofline on a unibody. A better solution would be to weld in support bars before taking the roof off. A couple of bars across the door opening before taking the roof off would have guarenteed that no part of the body bends or twists while being worked on.
>>
>>16758660
That welder sure moves around a lot for him not to be doing any welding. I suppose it must just always be in his way, then?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.