[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pic related: We know they're nig tier, there is no shortage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0005-2.jpg (107KB, 990x394px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0005-2.jpg
107KB, 990x394px
Pic related:

We know they're nig tier, there is no shortage of people trying to use them as a status symbol which they are not, they are Nissan parts sourced and built.

But are they shit tier? At their worst the G35 is a 260 hp RWD automatic car riding on a decent albeit not terrific chassis.

At their best it's a 6 speed RWD sub 300 HP car and when equipped with either the Brembo or Infiniti performance brake package they were a true 3 series fighter (excluding M3)

Time has shown that they are not perfect in terms of reliability although in any trim or engine (VQ35DE/ DE-Rev up vs VQ35HR) and an owner with good maintenance habits they last a long time and are DIY friendly.

With these cars seeing a dramatic price drop in the last few years I see them as an affordable DD that isn't completely vanilla or boring if you can justify the fuel consumption. After all it's more or less a 4 door 350z.

What's your opinion /o/
>>
>>16754527
>burns oil
>blows trannies
>destroys electrical parts
Avoid at all costs
>>
>>16754527
I've owned my 06 rev-up coupe for over 5 years now. Burns a little bit of oil (~1L between oil changes) and the CD tray took a dump. Other than its been regular maintience items.

Trans is really clunky into 2nd and 3rd when car is cold and ambient temperature is near or below 0F.
>>
>>16754527
g37 is better in every way.
>>
>>16754527
I've been a parts manager with Infiniti since late 2002 when these car came out. Literally 99 out of 100 cases of issues with these cars have been due to the cars being beat on or lack of maintenance. Expect to put some money into these with 100,000 + miles, but if they were taken care of it shouldn't be be budget busting. I personally would never drive one only because it's the quintessential douchebag car where I live.
>>
>>16754658
I swear all the douche bags here drive an infiniti or a bmw
>>
>>16754527
They're fine. I'd rather drive a 350z though, unless you need four doors.
>>
私はプロジェクトのリードデザイナーであり、私たちはGShitと呼んでいました。それはその逆とマイクラと生産から出てきた最悪の日産の一つです。今すぐ殺して
>>
>>16754527
Don't know how good they are in any respect, but I can confirm
>people trying to use them as a status symbol which they are not
>>
>>16754833
Don't forget Audi
>>
>>16754658
That's the sad thing about these. People that buy Infiniti don't tend to maintain them. If the clients were higher class, the cars would have a better reputation.
>>
>>16754658

I worked for an Infiniti dealer in Canada as a part time job while in school.

I ended up buying my friends G35 sedan for really cheap because like most G35's it needed some work, I love the color also. With employee discount ($40/hr labor and cost+ 10% on parts) It was easy to get it back to respectable shape.

I have put about 28,000 KM on it since I bought it last March, other than the initial repairs that were needed when I bought the car all I have had to do outside of regular maintenance is a starter that failed.

It currently sits at 220,000 KM, runs and drives fairly well still although cosmetically it is showing it's age and if I can find some decent parts cars around I would like to replace some things. Some maintenance items need to be addressed also, man do I miss that employee discount.....

They are decent cars, it's a shame most are ran into the ground. A lot of the owners can be terrible also, luckily there's a local Nissan/Infiniti group who are actually enthusiasts
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.