[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Drive to the local autoparts store to get my BMW some windshield

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: Shit.jpg (35KB, 535x577px) Image search: [Google]
Shit.jpg
35KB, 535x577px
>Drive to the local autoparts store to get my BMW some windshield washer fluid
>Pop the hood and start filling the reservoir
>Some random dudes pass by
>Start yelling at me
>"Oh look, another broken down BMW, who would've thought of that?"
>"Should've bought a Toyota instead, less headaches for you and less strain on your parents purse"
>Keep on doing my thing and leave, feeling like shit

Another day
>Decide it would be a good idea to replace my spark plugs
>Drive to the autoparts store
>Heard these BMWs are quite finicky about spark plugs
>Pop the hood open
>Start removing a spark plug to take up to the counter for reference to get one that 100% surely would work without problems
>Random dudes walking by
>"Another broken BMW, should've bought an American and save yourself from the trouble"
>They start laughing and continue onwards
>Feel like shit again

Yet another day
>Time for oil service
>The 8 litres I bought fell a bit short of reaching my preferred spot on the dipstick
>Drive to the local autoparts store
>Buy a small tube of the same oil
>Start topping her off on the parking lot
>Some random dude walks next to my car and starts going off
>"Burning oil are we? These BMWs are all quite notorious for doing that."
>Reply with a "I'm just topping her off, burning nothing except gas over here"
>"Yeah, that's what they all say to save face, you should just ditch this shit before problems start mounting up"
>He leaves, chuckling like an asshole

What the fuck is wrong with people? I thought I was supposed to be the asshole, yet all I get are crude and snide remarks towards my car for just existing. Why can't they just let me enjoy my little bimmer?
Am I bound to get shit from every direction for just owning a BMW?
>>
File: 2015-Toyota-Corolla-Badge.jpg (15KB, 615x416px) Image search: [Google]
2015-Toyota-Corolla-Badge.jpg
15KB, 615x416px
Coulda had a corolla.
Far superior car anyway.
>>
>>16752589
I did not want a Corolla though as I want to work on my car from time to time.
That and the aesthetics of this car whisper sweet things to my dick.
>>
None of these stories actually happened, but in general people are jealous. BMW is synonymous with "really nice cars" for normies.

Spend 5 minutes browsing the catalog and you'll see a lifetime of BMW jealousy.

>had N54 335i for 3 years, no HPFP, turbo or injector issues
>>
File: IMG_20170228_215635.jpg (352KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170228_215635.jpg
352KB, 1080x1080px
>>16752605
>jealous
>of unreliable
>uncomfortable
>slow
>lolcantturn
Not one bit.
Why would anyone want that when the corolla exists?
>>
>>16752615
Almost complimented a guy on his clean ae86 today, now I'm glad I didn't. Keep shilling friend.
>>
>>16752605
All of them did happen though, not in a span of few days but over the last half a year or so. My BMW isn't all that new or nice anyway, there's not much to be jealous of.

>>16752615
>uncomfortable
Mine is the exact opposite of that though, driving around with her fells like you're melting into the road. So soft, so smooth.
>slow
0-60 in about 7 second and a top speed of 250km/h is fast enough for overtaking on the highways. Don't really see the point of having anything faster than that.
>>
File: IMG_20170228_215648.jpg (546KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170228_215648.jpg
546KB, 1080x1080px
>>16752627
You should have. They are great cars
>>
>>16752579
>popping your hood in front of an auto parts store
well if you do that you should expect people to think your car is broken no matter what make it is. just buy the parts at the store then go home and work on the car.
>>
File: jet jaguar.jpg (12KB, 667x268px) Image search: [Google]
jet jaguar.jpg
12KB, 667x268px
>Am I bound to get shit from every direction for just owning a BMW?

Yes.
t. Former BMW owner.

I got a Subaru Legacy 3.6R recently. Now I can pick up all the lesbians I want. Its fairly cash money.
>>
you bought a car that non enthusiasts buy when they reach a manager position working at the local walmart and think they're big shit.

tldr: bmw's are for people who think they're important
>>
>>16752579
>>The 8 litres I bought fell a bit short of reaching my preferred spot on the dipstick
What? Do you drive a tractor or something?
>>
>>16753388
No, those people buy G35s.
>>
>>16752579
>tube of oil
wut
>>
>>16752579
>caring what normie plebs that would actually diss strangers in public because of their car think of you or your car

Might as well take shitposts on /o/ seriously, too. About the same worth.
>>
>>16752579
>Caring what random people think that you won't ever see again in your life
>>
File: fugggg.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
fugggg.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>>16752579
>nigger comments every time you work on the ride
I know this feel
>>
>>16752579
Have you considered working on your car in a private environment OP?

I mean, this way you don't get in situation like this... No?... also, ditch the b///Mw
>>
>>16752579
You made no mention as to how you drive. BMW drivers are typically faulted for driving arrogantly and often ignoring road courtesy such as cutting people off or making multiple lane changes at the same time.

Three days ago, a BMW did the usual arrogant behaviour. I was in the left turn lane. All the lights in my direction were green and as I approached the intersection to turn left, a BMW passed by me on the RIGHT. The right. He turned left and accelerated around me in the intersection and then cut right in front of me forcing me to use brakes. Of course, he did the stereotype bimmer shtick of not using signals (or using signals only while turning).

Thus, what he did was cut in line. He avoided the entire queue in the left turn lane. He went ahead to the front of the left turn lane and then CUT right in there. BMW driver. As expected.
>>
>>16753463
That's an example of a problem in america similar to many other situations. The good blacks who work, have jobs, and contribute to the community get lumped into the same category as niggers who constantly commit crimes, violence, and intimidation.
>>
>>16753843
You think in generalities too much man.
>>
>long ago when younger had a e24 633
>Family says I should get new car, old BMW will always break down
>"Anon, what where you doing in the garage"
>"Changing oil, plugs and filters on my car"
>"Anon I told you that old car would be nothing but problems"

>Talking to 3d people about cars
Not even once
>>
File: 1480545958917.jpg (42KB, 1137x640px) Image search: [Google]
1480545958917.jpg
42KB, 1137x640px
>trying to turn left at an intersection at a weird angle
>stop at the stop sign, nose out slowly to see around the weird corner so I don't get hit
>BMW comes up from behind
>starts honking immediately

>be at store around Halloween
>a woman takes a pumpkin from the bottom of the pile outside the front door
>the pumpkin pile collapses
>store worker removes pumpkins from the driving lane so cars can go through again
>BMW revs his engine at the worker

>be on highway
>lanes merge
>BMW zooms in and cuts between cars at the absolute last second
>doesn't even use a blinker

Asshole drivers drive every kind of car, but this brand in particular is like a light to moths.
>>
>>16752579
honestly if this isn't bait, they're probably just jealous or mad at you for having something they can't.

If you want to avoid stuff like this in the future perhaps you should consider working on your car in a private environment? Opening the hood of your car in public is almost always asking for trouble or unwanted comments.
>>
>>16755586
>Opening the hood of your car in public is almost always asking for trouble or unwanted comments.
Pretty much this, dude.
When I first started driving the car I had had an overheating issue and I had to pull over on the side of the highway and pop the hood to help the engine cool down.
While I was sitting there I had so many idiots yell things at me as they passed. And I daily an older Ford, so I don't think it's something that is exclusive to BMW's, just people being dicks.
>>
>>16753843

You must have the most shallow and depressing life if it's driven by generalities and hivemind opinions. But it is pretty common for dumb and poor people to band together and form the same dumb uneducated opinion because they automatically assume that if 1000 equally dumb and poor people believe it then it must be true.

Have fun at work tommorow!
>>
>>16755676
>You must have the most shallow and depressing life if it's driven by generalities and hivemind opinions
>What is a meme?
>>
>>16755685

and do your memes enrich your life and make you feel more informed? Or is it a great way to keep the dumb in their echo chambers?

Label it whatever you want if it makes it easier to swallow.
>>
>>16752579

This is why you on't drive old, used luxury cars. It looks pathetic.
>>
Most of the cars I see dead on the side of the freeway going to work and back have always been a BMW or VW.
>>
>>16752579
>changing oil
>broken down
These are the people who will never change their oil and then complain about how their Nissan is so unreliable.
Pay them no mind OP.

CAPTCHA: Alberto fadin
>>
>>16755700
>and do your memes enrich your life and make you feel more informed? Or is it a great way to keep the dumb in their echo chambers?

Woah dude. I thought I was on /o/, not /x/.
Memes and stereotypes are created because they're true a lot of the time.
I don't see why you're being so hostile and defensive towards this whole subject. Some anon thinks BMW drivers drive aggressively, a BMW driver drove aggressively around him and you're making it your mission to, I don't know, defend other BMW drivers or something?
>>
>>16753414
It is a 5.4 litre V12
>>16753424
those small 1 litre bottles, you know
>>16753843
I drive her like any other car, don't really feel like dicking around in traffic lest I manage to hit or get hit by something
>>
>>16755716
>you shouldn't drive what you want to because of what others think

Have fun driving leased base model Audis for the rest of your life
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.