[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /o/ Just got in my first car accident last night. >was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

File: 573e56aa1600002a00f93f77.jpg (315KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
573e56aa1600002a00f93f77.jpg
315KB, 2000x1000px
Hi /o/
Just got in my first car accident last night.

>was traveling down 2 lane road
>light turns yellow
>Go through light
>other car turning left pulls in front of me
>hit brakes
>front passenger side hits back of her car
>she got a ticket for failing to yield

my car needs a new wheel and rim and bodywork done to the front passenger side.

Sooo how much am I fucked in terms of resell value down the road or even in the next 6 months? Its still a relatively new car (2016 Mazda6 MT with 3.3k miles on it)

>pic not related
>>
also general accident thread
>>
Find out if you have to get a salvage title or not. If not you should be good.
>>
>>16751274
>running red lights
kill yourself
>>
>>16751302
That light was yellow. Try again sweetie
>>
>>16751302
Yellow my friend

>>16751282
Most likely not. Car could move, really just needs a new tire and bodywork
>>
>>16751274

Totaled.
They don't fix cars anymore.
>>
File: IMG_20170216_105943.jpg (815KB, 2952x5248px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170216_105943.jpg
815KB, 2952x5248px
>going through green light
>a fucking prius turns right on red
>rams into me
Luckily the damage wasn't too bad. His insurance payed out the ass for it. $1500 for some dents and scratches
>>
>>16751312
>>16751308
Yellow means stop.
>>
>>16751346
Not in most places it doesn't.
>>
>>16751274
The problem will be that when someone runs a Carfax on it they will see it had an accident. Unfortunately in their mind they start knocking dollars off the value of your car.

Best thing you can do is have it professionally repaired.
>>
>>16751346
How is high school driving class, honey?
>>
>>16751346
Maybe if your a fag
>>
>>16751357
Thanks anon. I should assume if I want to trade it in at a dealer they will run that carfax?
>>
>>16751391
>>16751362
>>16751353
Underage b&.
>>
File: ParkingSpot.jpg (55KB, 810x415px) Image search: [Google]
ParkingSpot.jpg
55KB, 810x415px
>>16751353 >>16751346
>Yellow means stop
>Not in most places it doesn't.
In washington state, it means prepare to stop, so drivers are expected to slow to a stop before it is red. That is the expectation. As for tickets, if any part of your car was already in the intersection when it was yellow, then you are to continue.

In a traffic safety interview question, the highway patrol spokesperson said that yellow does not mean to speed up and enter the intersection before the red light appears. As for red light cameras, if any part of the car is within the intersection when the red light appears, a ticket can be issued
>>
>>16751395
>I should assume if I want to trade it in at a dealer they will run that carfax?
The main purposes of those database services is to sell the data to insurance companies AND to car resellers so that they know what is going on with the car. It would be an incredibly negligent dealer who didn't run the usual background checks to make sure it has clear title, no liens, and see an accident/maint history.
>>
>>16753423
Makes sense. Thanks
>>
>>16751346
If it means stop, why did the other person get the ticket? Left turns ALWAYS yield to oncoming traffic or right turns, the person who hit OP was clearly at fault. Shitty bait desu
>>
>>16752160
Good thing most states aren't Washington, then.
>>
>>16753668
Hypothetically: You're sitting at the intersection past the line, waiting on traffic so you can make the left turn. The light turns yellow, you start to go. Yes you should be paying attention and notice a car that isn't stopping. OP should have seen the yellow and stopped unless he was like right under it. OP is an idiot but the other guy was in the wrong too.
>>
>>16751357
depends
sometimes carfax miss things

>need a car
>found one with a clean carfax and everything is good
>buy it
>take it to get registered
>vehicle inspection
>cop comes back
>"this car has been in a front end collision"
>can only tell me the year of the collision
>5 years ago
>cop tells me not to believe carfax 100% since the sources he use for the report is different than what is available to consumers

dont believe carfax will give you a complete history of the car
>>
>>16753746
There's over 30 different automobile database companies out there. Carfax is only one of them. Each has their own data collection methods.
>>
>>16751346
>Yellow means stop.
About 80% of the drivers treat it as "Go Faster" and the other 20% treat it as "Come to a stop".
>>
File: NODISASSEMBLE.jpg (308KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
NODISASSEMBLE.jpg
308KB, 2048x1152px
>>16751274
>Just got in my first car accident
I know that feel, feels bad

I had the same exact shit happen to me, except it was my front left and their front right. I saw it coming but it was raining, I was in a 2 ton vehicle, and couldn't stop in time

The outstanding American citizens in the vehicle then decided to hit and run, and abandon the SUV in a church parking lot, which I found so the car got impounded when the police showed up. They had to come get the vehicle and pay a fine. Of course they ended up having no fucking insurance either.

Thankfully I had uninsured coverage and got more than what I paid for the car, now I drive an econobox.

RIP autism battle boat, never did give her a name (pic related)
>>
>>16751346
Red means stop, you sill goose.
>>
>>16755146
Red just means the Stop Light Camera takes a picture.
>>
>>16755033
>The outstanding American citizens in the vehicle then decided to hit and run, and abandon the SUV in a church parking lot, which I found so the car got impounded when the police showed up.

If you didn't search and find the hit-and-run car, would the police not have found it?
>>
>>16756199
>Living in a state that allows automated ticket rip off machines

Red light cameras suck ass. Half the time they will get you if you do a perfectly legal stop and turn right on a red.
>>
>>16751346

Yellow means clear the intersection.
>>
>>16757508
>Red light cameras suck ass. Half the time they will get you if you do a perfectly legal stop and turn right on a red.

The law is that a complete stop is required before turning right on red. A "california stop" when turning right on red is not legal.

I know the cameras must have video support because my neighbor across the street got a ticket for turning right on red. Apparently, there are two cameras. The photo camera is backed up by a video camera. If the computer determines a violation occurs, then a snippet of video is saved to the hard drive along with the photo. My neighbor slowed down and then turned right on the red because there was no opposing traffic. She got a ticket for it. She went to court to protest and failed because she didn't come to a complete stop.
>>
>>16758180
Yeah but they still fuck you if you come to a complete stop and then turn on red.
>>
>>16757508
They had this happen in one major intersection where I lived all the time when we still had cameras.

Only good thing about driving in NJ is that they got rid of the cameras.
>>
>>16758242
No they wont. That's what the video is for.
t. Right turns on camera enforced red lights every other day
>>
>>16758337
I'm pretty sure the systems aren't the same everywhere. It's quite possible that the cameras in your location do work as designed.
>>
>>16751274
>needs a new wheel and rim
>shiggy diggy
>>
>>16758363
The systems are privatized. The bad areas probably have corrupt private companies wanting to max their profits from tickets. So even for situations where the car is nearly perfectly stopped, the private company still tells the city to issue a ticket. The private company is gambling the driver will not go to court to protest. Thus the driver pays the fine and the private company splits the fee with the city.

When things are privatized, it is guaranteed that greedy companies will break ethics rules. It's a historically proven problem.
>>
Just a couple hours ago.

>start driving to work in glorious cibicu
>waiting for light to turn green to take a left on busy road
>light is green as fuck
>go
>suddenly car from the last lane in opposite direction out of fucking nowhere
>couldn't possibly have seen him before so no time to react
>plows right into my door
>nearby ambulance shows up
>paramedics immobilize me and take me to the hospital
>luckily not hurt
>my sweet little car my grandpa gave me just a couple months before he died is now totaled

Feels bad man
>>
>>16759656
shit I wrote it wrong
I meant opposite direction on the perpendicular road
>>
>>16759674
So he ran the red light as zoomed straight thru the intersection.
>>
File: 20161217_162254.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161217_162254.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
this happened to me about a month ago
>be me driving ranger
>Its below freezing and starts raining
>live on some curvy ass roads and shit
>going a reasonable speed around the corners like 10-15
>go around the sharp ass corner that is also on a slope
>hit patch of black ice and slam into curb and do a 180
>with bed out in road, tire is fucked
>a brand spanking new expedition comes around the
>corner and hits the same ice, almost makes it around
>bend, hits more ice and slides right into my bed
>RIP ranger, got 2k more than I paid for it though
>>
>>16759656
It's what happens when you have fast changing lights where your light turns green the instant their lights turn red. That means some of the people further back who speed up when there is a yellow light will end up running the red light. In my area, some traffic lights in problem areas (long straightaways) remain red in all directions for up to one second before turning green.
>>
>>16751346
Yellow means stop if you can.
>>
>>16751274
>my car needs a new wheel and rim and bodywork done to the front passenger side.
Be sure to have a frame alignment check while the other insurance company is still paying for it. If they won't pay for a frame alignment check, then at least take a measure and check the heights of your car to the ground at various points. That sucks as a check, but at least do something in your power. Don't sign the final papers saying you accept the repaired car until you get a frame check or measure it yourself.

Because the rim was broken, you are entitled to an alignment at their expense too. The alignment will also reveal if there is anything off balance with the suspension that can't be corrected with one shim. If they have to jam on too much shim, then something else was bent and should be paid for by the other person's insurance.

Don't let all the inspections go while they are on the hook. Of course they don't want to pay for inspections because that can reveal more problems they have to pay for due to the collision.
>>
File: 1478458274891.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1478458274891.png
51KB, 657x527px
>>16761762
Yep.

>>16764437
The worst thing is that this light is an upwards arrow only for like 20 seconds and then turns "fully" green.
It was past his green light for a good 40 seconds. Right after he said he pushed the wrong pedal which despite being retarded makes sense.

>tfw riding the bus for the next few weeks because don't want to fall for rental companies' jewry
>>
>>16758487
yeah yeah you know what I mean

>>16765759
thanks who do I have do the alignment check?
>>
>>16766971
>doesnt have rental coverage
Fuck riding the bus
>>
>>16767024
I do but I'm still unsure.
Even if I'd be covered (unless I'm seen as responsible for the accident in which case something went very wrong somewhere) I still hate these fuckers.
>>
>>16767000
>thanks who do I have do the alignment check?
Whoever is replacing the rim and tire of course. All the shops do alignment and the better shops all have that digital laser alignment that is super fast at getting measurements. In your case, it's being sourced by the body shop who contracts their replacements externally with a tire shop.

You just got to contact the body shop and verify that the alignment is also added onto the bill. They will have to check with the insurance company for approval of course. But for wrecks severe enough to wreck part of the suspension (the rim was totaled), it makes sense to have an alignment.

In a scholarly sense, the insurance company (if it was full of uncaring money grubbers) would deny any and all inspections including even an initial visual inspection and simply say "We see nothing wrong, therefore zero payment is provided for this accident." That would be using a technicality on you that is prevented only because the state government has an insurance commissioner elected by the people. Because of large sums of money and corruption, that's why states have insurance commissioner elections for consumers to go to if a company refuses to give you the insurance you paid for.

And that's why the insurance company tries to prevent additional inspections. The more inspections there are, the more chances there are to find something damaged. "We see nothing wrong, therefore zero payment is provided for this accident." If there is no inspection, then nothing wrong will be found.

Don't let the other guy's insurance do that to you. That's an indirect and clever way to lowball you on the damages without you realizing it until it's too late and you signed the papers.
>>
File: A.jpg (53KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
A.jpg
53KB, 640x480px
>GMT800 Tahoe pulls out in front of me on narrow 2 lane city street
>it's some bitch in workout clothes in her late 20s who just left the gym
>beat to hell 180k mile Crown Vic takes the L

I loved this car. I miss it familia
>>
>>16768639
Thanks man, I really appreciate all the info
>>
>>16755033
They tried to hide the car by parking it in a church parking lot?
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.