[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So tomorrow is the day i'm expecting the call about at job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1482710140683.jpg (10KB, 285x300px) Image search: [Google]
1482710140683.jpg
10KB, 285x300px
So tomorrow is the day i'm expecting the call about at job at a tire shop. AND I CANNOT FUCKING SLEEP. I am actually paniking right now.
>What if I crash the car while parking it.
>What if I can't find the drain plug in <10 seconds
>What if I fuck up a tire on the machine
FUCKFUCKFUCK
>>
>>16749894
>Implying you won't be sweeping and mopping all day.

Remember, 2 seals on the oil filter provides double the sealing quality, just leave the old on on the block/filter housing. And use a rattle gun to torque down wheel nuts, don't want them to come loose while driving.
>>
To do any of those things you have to actually show up and work, which would make you overqualified to be a tire guy
>>
>>16749894
You wont wreck anything because you're conscious of it and worried about it.

You'll find the drain plug because they're easy to find. Even if it's not right away nobody's going to shit on your dick about it.

Tires are tough, they can take more than you'd expect. Even if you wreck a tire training is part of the cost of running a business. It's expected.

It's gonna be great dude. I start a job as a parts and sales rep at a local power sports dealership on Monday and I have some worries about stuff too, but I'm sure it'll be fine.

Here's to a new gig dude, hopefully it's good to you.
>>
>>16749894
Don't stress so much, tire and lube is ez shit. It can be daunting at first but get past your first day and you'll be fine.

Drive customer's cars slow, it's not a race and if they're watching they tend to appreciate techs being careful with their cars.

Drain plugs are almost always easy to find. Sometimes they hide them under skid plates though. Just make sure it's the engine drain plug and not the transmission drain plug before you crack it open.

It's pretty hard to fuck up a tire on a tire changer. Be mindful of the valve stem location though, you want it at 12 and 6 when you're breaking the beads and about 3-4 inches away from the demount head clockwise so you don't break the tpms sensor. If you do break one, it's not the end of the world, your shop may be different about it but at mine we just eat the cost of a new sensor.

You sound like you'll be good at it, you actually care about doing stuff right.
>>
>>16749952
It can get tricky to mount/dismount

apply pressure to the opposite side of the tire if its proving tough
>>
>>16749894
>work at bmw dealership
>detailing
>rich cunts with their 80-120k cars will literally watch me move their vehicle from the ultra cramped parking lot to the detailing center
>regularly have 18-21 year old guys get hired and fired like a revolving door because they aren't taking this minimum wage job as seriously as possible
>one or two customers complain about literally anything and they're fired

I think you'll be fine anon
>>
>>16749976
>BMW dealership
>Minimum wage

n-n-nani?!

Actually i have wondered on european cars if you have a 2 post lift do you go by pinch welds or something else?
>>
>>16750004
not bmw dealership worker anon but i do work at a dealership

the only time ive had a non american can on the 2 post lift we use we've lifted from the pich welds and had no issues, although i lift by the frame/framerails whenever possible
>>
>>16749926
This is why I do all my own maintenance

>tfw I bought a tire changer because tire niggers hammered on my nuts so hard it broke two studs on the one wheel they changed
>>
>>16749926
>rattle gun

ok you actually made me google that.

I used torque sticks mostly when mounting tires back on though my instructors did admit they just zipped the wheels back bo no no torque bar especially if they were pressd for time,.
>>
>>16750185
yes i had a stroke.

Back on with no torque bar used.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.