[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/. Just picked up my first manual a few weeks back, got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Hey /o/. Just picked up my first manual a few weeks back, got a 2SSRS 2010 Camaro with 40k miles. So far I'm loving the car. Got past stalls after a few embarrassing ones in public, starts are smoothing out. Slowly getting used to the car.

I'm struggling with cleaning up my shifting. From first into second, still somewhat jerky because I'm being slower with the clutch in lower gears but trying to shift fast. Also, I'm wanting to shift faster in higher gears. Do you guys have any recommendations to clean it up? Any tips?

The other thing is should I only be hitting the throttle after the clutch is 100% out in higher gears? Any info helps.
>>
>>16747708
On my car the method to shift fast is the same as shifting smoothly. I need to shift the gear while depressing the clutch (the bite point is really high up, so the transmission disconnects from the engine real fast), when the clutch is on the floor the stick is on the next gear. Releasing the clutch and going on the throttle happens at the same speed that I got on the clutch/off the throttle.
>>
>>16747708
Dunno about camaros but my wrx has rev hang in first and second which makes shifting into second smoothly a real chore.

Unless you're finding the revs dropping too fast I'd stay off the throttle until you're fully in gear for everything but crawling around a parking lot and getting going from a stop.
>>
>>16747708
I'm so bad at teaching people to drive manual. Dad gave me the quick parking lot lesson, but most learning was done by myself through pure trial and error.
>>
1st to 2nd is jerky in most cars, if you know how to rev match (learn if you don't) the same principal applies to upshifting; you want to wait for the revs to fall to where they'd be before letting the clutch out.
e.g. 2nd to 3rd at 4k leaves you with 2.5k in 3rd; that means when you press the clutch in to shift, don't let the clutch out until it actually falls to 2.5k.

>The other thing is should I only be hitting the throttle after the clutch is 100% out in higher gears? Any info helps.
Except for starting from a stop, there's no reason to touch both at once unless you're rev matching (clutch completely pressed in) downshifts
>>
>>16747708

>first to second is still jerky

Yea you're probably never gonna see perfectly smooth 1-2 shifts in the TR-6060, it's notchy when cold, and it's a pretty close ratio.

At WOT you should eventually get gud enough to hit the go pedal as the clutch is being let out in 2-3-4 shifts. 3-4 shifts in these cars at WOT are beautiful once you get use to the clutch engagement, never jerky, and almost feels like you're no lift shifting when you git gud.
>>
What rpm are you trying to pull first to second op? Sometimes it helps to shift at a little higher rpm for the low gears. At low rpm you're more likely to rev hang in my experience.
>>
>>16747789

Also gonna swap out the trans fluid in my '12 SS for Royal Purple Synchromax synthetic trans fluid.

Apparently really cleans up the notchy feel from 1-2 shifts, and shifts a lot better when cold.

I'm running the hurst short throw and christ on a bike it's notchy when cold
>>
>>16747708
I'm trying to clean my act up too, I judge by how much my passengers head bobs back n forth. A big thing is to not jump off the accelerator and being so smooth that you don't rush the synchros.
>>
Ride that clutch, baby!
>>
>>16747825
>I judge by how much my passengers head bobs back n forth
Me too. An up-down motion is ideal.
>>
File: 1487128540209.jpg (22KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
1487128540209.jpg
22KB, 351x351px
>>16747838
Are you implying choosing sexual pleasure over driving pleasure?
>>
>>16747870
Don't limit yourself nigger
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.