[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just bought a Honda CBR 500r, it's my first bike. I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 27196163282_3847ca0061_b.jpg (176KB, 1024x527px) Image search: [Google]
27196163282_3847ca0061_b.jpg
176KB, 1024x527px
I just bought a Honda CBR 500r, it's my first bike.
I want to one day ride those 1000cc bikes, but with the skill required not to kill myself or someone else.

Anyone got tips on how not to be a squid and evolve into some MotoGP skills?

>Pic related, rider I look up to and bike I want to some day own
>>
>>16742163
>Ride current bike
>Get better
>buy bigger bike
>Die in a firey crash on the liter
>>
Track days and gymkhana mother fucker. Don't fall for the chicken strips and street leans memes, you can develop some piss poor leans for the sake of leans habits doing that, especially "racing" where neither idiot can go all out.
>>
>>16742237
Is it wrong that I consider a fiery death at a motogp track trying to take 6th place a good thing?

>>16742241
Do videos help too? Like Keith Code level stuff
>>
File: IMG_1093.jpg (3MB, 2944x1965px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1093.jpg
3MB, 2944x1965px
Ride daily, commute with your bike, do touring and first of all: don't give a fuck about going fast. Learn how to brake before and even in different kind of curves, learn how your bike handles each time. Learn how to sit for hours in the saddle, train your core muscles. Don't - no, really do not- try hanging off on legal roads. It can be disastrous. Yes it looks cool and you can be really fast doing it, but for beginners and especially on legal roads it's fucking dangerous. You lean in to much on the other side of road and right in this moment you meet the last car you'll ever see.
Don't try riding like those MotoGP-Riders. They do their job since before walking and they can only like ride this, because they know, they aren't on some dirty, crappy roads with loads of traffic, but on race tracks with perfect riding conditions.
And when the moment comes, when you think you're good enough (for me that point was like after 2 years of riding), then you should go to a security training or a track day training with an instructor. And then you'll see, how far you've come and what huge amount you still have to learn.
So get your experiences, but forget about those maniacs of MotoGP (also they crash a few times per saison and only survive because of their supreme gear and the safety zones on tracks).
>>
>>16742313
Oh, haven't read this. >>16742262

Sorry for feeding the troll
>>
>>16742313
I have some family willing to hook me up with a track instructor, though I'll give myself some road time first before hitting the track like you said.
>>
>>16742325
I ain't no troll, just genuinely trying to find as many means to not be a squid as I can.
>>
>>16742163
Marquez is a faggot. Kys Honda fag
>>
Watch totw 2 and do everything he says
>>
>>16742163
>ride like a sane person
>ATTGATT erry day
>slowly work up your speed on the touge, focus on refining your skills
>watch ToTW2 more than once
>maybe go to the track to learn how to ride fast in a safe environment
>buy rearsets because CBR500's have shit low pegs and you'll scrape them in no time
>don't buy an aftermarket exhaust because they all sound like shit, no exceptions
>should have bought an SV650 instead

It's all about attitude. Don't have the attitude of a squid and you won't be one.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.